We used to love this place, staying here several times a year. It was a great little hotel in Manhattan Beach that was convenient to the airport and all our favorite places in the south bay. Since they've changed ownership the place has just went down hill. It's sad.
The time before this visit was absolutely horrible. They we're filming during our last night and morning and of course they did NOT inform us of this. We we're the lucky ones to get the room right next to the filming. Around 3am there was film crews in the hall way with all their equipment. It was loud and awful. Needless to say we did not get much sleep. We called the front desk around 5am and they said that they would tell them to keep the noise level down. Upon checking out we told the receptionist that we we're not happy about the issue cause the noise did not stop. She then proceeded to tell us she had no clue there was anything like that going on, nor did any of the other receptionist. LIES. They did nothing to remedy the situation.
We knew that we had to come back to LA a few weeks later and decided to give the Belamar one more chance. What a mistake. The noise was back again. Not a film crew, but some guest above us that paced around their room at all hours of the day and night. I understand there is going to be some noise from people walking above us.. but this person was stomping. After we called the front desk and they said they'd give them a call, the noise stopped for 20 minutes. Then it came back even louder and more aggressive. After complaining again, they still wouldn't move us.
As far as the room itself.. it's run down. The bathroom grout on the floor is practically black. There was other guests hair in the shower and on the toilet seat. The wallpaper is stained and falling down.
All the cute little perks of this hotel are gone. Before they would serve home made ding dongs & make your own smores to the guests, that is now gone. There "infused water" in the lobby was really good in the beginning, now it just taste like watered down koolaid.
The room service is pretty alright. The fish tacos were fresh. But when we ordered up some bottled water and diet coke it took over 45 minutes to get it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Manhattan Village shopping and the best beaches in L.A., The Belamar is an ideal destination for fashionable getaways. Our lively, avant-garde destination melds retro style with modern comforts and our assortment of Manhattan Beach hotel deals offers the best value on accommodations, whether you are here to work or play. From seasonal getaways to romantic escapes to family adventures, there’s always a way to stay and save at The Belamar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, HotelPower, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Belamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Larkspur Collection