“Love the belamar!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Sydney, Australia
“Love the belamar!”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Stayed there twice already, superb location, friendly staff, clean,modern rooms and walking distance to manhattan village mall. Bikes are available and only 10 minutes to manhattan beach. Everything just works here and "manicure Monday's" are a bonus! :-)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear Babyccino,

Thank you for the great review, we love the Belamar too! And what makes our hotel even more special, are the outstanding guests such as yourself who make it such a pleasure to come to work everyday.

Thank you again for the great review and thank you for staying at the Belamar. We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.

Make it an great day Babyccino!

Belamar Hotel and Second Story Restaurant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Northern Nevada
Reviewed January 26, 2012

By now we've probably stayed at The Belamar in Manhattan Beach at least a dozen times. We used to stay at the Marriott, but have found the smaller, more personal experience at The Belamar much more satisfying. The staff is always helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable, the food great and the valet staff terrific. No problems, no complaints. The price is great and the service even better.

Room Tip: We prefer the interior courtyard rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Christina89403,

Excellent review and thank you for making the switch from the Marriott to the Belamar hotel. Wow, that's awesome and I thank you for your continued loyalty!

We will continue to earn your business Christina89403 by providing that unique, personal experience that only we can deliver. Our staff does a great job taking care of our guests such as yourself, and it's truly rewarding to be recognized for it on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again Christina89403 for your great comments. Come back soon and often and make sure to look me up next time you're in town.

Have a great week!

martinez, california
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This unique hotel is located within walking distance to great restaurants, services, and a mall. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There's a beautiful jogging path just steps from the hotel which goes right to the beach and the seaside downtown area. The hotel's fitness room is small but adequate if guests prefer to exercise indoors. A small fleet of bicycles are available free of charge to guests for exploring the lovely surrounding neighborhoods. I didn't get a chance to dine in the restaurant but it is very highly rated and has a nice retro decor. I had a room looking over the courtyard and it was absolutely quiet at night. In short, all the features of a big hotel in a funkier and more fun package!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lisa94553
Dear lisa94553,

Thank you for relating how easy it is to walk to great restaurants, shopping and services from the Belamar. Staying at the Belamar is a great alternative to those who want to choose a healthy lifestyle hotel. We are so lucky to be located in such an awesome micro climate in Southern California where walking and running is beautiful weather is available nearly 365 days per year!

Our proximity to the Wood Chip Trail that leads you on a short, 1 1/4 mile walk/run to downtown Manhattan Beach is nearly perfect. On my days off, I like to park my car at the hotel and take my dogs for a walk down the path then wind my way back to the hotel strolling through beautiful neighborhoods and chatting with our friendly Manhattan Beach neighbors.

Thank you again for your great comments lisa94553 and please come back again soon. I'd love to meet you in person if I haven't already.

Have a great week-

P.S.
Don't forget to try Second Story restaurant next time you stay with us!
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed January 18, 2012

Beautiful place and friendly staff. I grew up in Manhattan Beach and have a rental house there. I had an event in the area and have always wondered about Belamar. The hotel met all of my expectations and I would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper I would suggest staying on the top floor because you can here the people...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kathy T
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear kathyteufel,

"Bella Belamar" translates to "Beautiful Belamar" and I thank you so much for the generous title to your review!

I am delighted you finally decided to give us a try kathyteufel after passing by the hotel for so long. It's great to here we exceeded your expectations and look forward to your return visit very soon.

Have a great weekend kathyteufel and thank you again for the great review.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is the third time we've stayed at this hotel over the past couple of years. It has a nice upscale hip decor and is very dog friendly! The dog fee and room charge for one night are less than the nearby Marriott that charges a $200 non-refundable dog fee. The location is very convenient to shopping and nice dining.

The staff are so friendly too. It won't disappoint!

Room Tip: If you do travel with your dog ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madelynn W,

You are so kind to bring you doggie with you on your travels, I'm sure she must love you very much!

I have a day by day dog calendar at home and one of the quotes read something like this "You can tell a person's soul by how well they treat dogs" and I must say, I believe it!

We love dogs at the Belamar and we're ever so happy you've chosen to stay with us. Good souls have a way of finding each other and I'm delighted you've found us.

Have a great week Madelynn W. We hope to see the two of you again very soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was quite surprised by this boutique hotel in Manhattan Beach. The rooms were terrific and the front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The bar and restaurant were the perfect environment for a single traveler and the menu was great. I only wish that it was closer to the beach, however the bikes were a great touch. As a business traveler to the LA region, if you have to stay "close" to the airport, I highly recommend this hotel and location, easy access to highways, the airport, beaches and the valley. Should you have any free time, adorable shops and restaurants are a short cab ride away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear ny1971,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Belamar Hotel and Second Story restaurant. I very much appreciate your description of our staff as being terrific and friendly, as I can't think of a better compliment to them. We love taking care of our guests and I'm delighted to learn we took great care of you.

It was also great to read you took advantage of our complimentary beach cruiser bicycles to ride to the beach. It makes a great morning or afternoon after traveling to enjoy some fresh air and local sightseeing.

Thank you again ny1971 for your kind words and terrific review of the Belamar Hotel and Second Story restaurant. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I cannot speak highly enough of the Belamar - both the property itself and the service. It's SO much nicer than being in some huge hotel that's part of a chain, and the friendliness of all the staff only adds to the feeling of well being. Only slight drawback is there is a little traffic noise from Sepulveda Blvd, so ask for a room at the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Chris2421356707655,

Wow, "The best hotel in the South Bay" is quite a compliment, thank you! We like to think we're the best hotel in the South Bay too, but it's great to have that confirmed by you.

I especially appreciated your comments about the friendliness of our staff and how that contributed to your feeling of well being. This is something we discuss in our staff meetings and its great to see how this translates to a great stay for you. We try hard to find genuinely nice people to work with us so thank you again for noticing and sharing your stay with others on TripAdvisor.

In the future, I would suggest you request a room overlooking our courtyard or request a room facing Oak Avenue. These rooms tend to be a bit more quiet than those on the other side, but not quite as bright. If a quiet room is more important than bright, natural light I encourage you to request one of these rooms during your next visit.

Thank you again Chris2421356707655 for the great comments and have wonderful weekend.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to The Belamar Hotel? Share your experiences!