“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Stevenson Ranch, California
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

Nice boutique hotel. Great service and excellent value.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Dear psaluja,

Happy New Year and thank you for staying with us in December. Your review was brief, but excellent! What more could we ask for than to be considered a nice boutique hotel with great service, with excellent value?

Thank you for taking time to post a review psaluja, it's very much appreciated.

Have an awesome 2012 and come back again soon!!

Belamar Hotel and Second Story Restaurant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in October and would love to go back. It's not too far from LAX and is right on Sepulveda near shopping, restaurants, etc., tucked on the edge of a nice residential area. It manages to be chic and cozy at the same time. The bed was huge and plush, and the decor was 1960s Mod-style -- fun and glamorous without being overbearing. There is a lovely courtyard with a pool and hot tub as well as a fitness center indoors. The hotel has free bicycles you can borrow for a ride to downtown MB or the beach itself. I rode from MB to Redondo Beach on the bicycle path and had a lovely time. The lobby of the hotel is small but stylish -- just the place to hang out with your free manicure and martini (on Monday afternoons). Seriously -- free! The staff was friendly and efficient, too, and moved me without fuss after I told them about the noisy guests above me. Easy to miss this understated place, but don't!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank bythemoon
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Dear bythemoon,

First let me start with a compliment on your user name. Considering I received notification of your review on Saturday, which was a full moon, let's call it kismet!

Secondly, thank you for the awesome feedback regarding your recent stay, we'd love to have you back too!! Reading your kind comments and spot on recap of our amenities and comfy beds was a great way to start the day.

Thank you again bythemoon for the generous feedback. We can't wait to see you again soon!

New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed at this hotel since I had a meeting here. Was initially put in a room on the first floor near the side exit, which was incredibly loud and unpleasant. The window was right next to a storage area that held flammable gas tanks. I was switched to a third floor room that had an odd odor to it. When I tried using the iron to press my shirt, black gunk oozed out since it was so dirty. When I called the front desk to ask for a replacement iron, I was put on perpetual hold. Finally, walls are paper thin and the air conditioning units are old, clunky, and loud. The sound of other rooms water running was prominent in my room.

I will certainly not be staying here the next time I am in the area...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear CDP5,

It certainly sounds like your recent stay with us was less than should be expected when staying at the Belamar Hotel and Second Story Restaurant. I do apologize for the number of missteps that occurred, including the shirt that black gunk oozed on from the iron. This is certainly not the high level of product and service quality we all expect of a stay at our hotel.

I would be happy to launder, or replace the shirt for you if the black gunk can't come out. I encourage you to contact me at the Belamar so I can rectify this unfortunate situation.

Thank you for the feedback CDP5 and I again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us.

NOR CAL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

We booked this one strictly by tripadvisor rating and once again you all nailed it! Amazing service, people, food...etc. The only downfall was the size of the two beds. We had the kids with us and usually the two queens work out perfect but they only offer two fulls....ouch! Pretty tight. Be sure to hop on one of the complimentary bikes and take a ride down to the pier! P.S. the kids say "don't forget the complimentary Hostess Ding Dongs in the evening! Kids ;-)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear TRVL_BALR,

Thank you for confirming the amazing reviews we have received on TripAdvisor, I very much appreciate your wonderful feedback too! I also appreciate your comments about the Double/Double beds and your preference for Queen/Queen. While most of our guests love our beds, we do understand that some guests prefer the larger queen beds in our two bedded rooms.

We are having conversations at this time about the possibility of switching from Doubles to Queens and we should know more in early 2012. Thank you for your comments as they help us make the improvements important to our guests!

And even more importantly TRVL_BALR, I want to thank you for choosing the Belamar and staying with us. It was certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest, we can't wait to have you back!

Marloth Park
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I spent a few fantastic days at the Belamar in November 2011. The hotel was tastefully refurbished a few years ago and one feels really comfortable in the 50's surroundings! The staff were really fantastic and made me feel important and went out of their way to ensure I was enjoying my stay. One can tell that they all enjoy their jobs as it comes out in the way they interact with guests. The location is great being near to good shopping and not far from the beach. The rooms were very clean and the beds a dream to sleep on! A definite recommendation and I'll be sure to stay again next time in LA.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
tbeedon, General Manager at The Belamar Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear dgafrica,

I was so happy to ready our staff made you feel important, thank you for sharing this on TripAdvisor! Isn't a wonderful feeling to feel important when staying in a hotel, and getting a great night sleep in a comfortable bed surrounded by tasteful interior design?!

You couldn't be more right; we love our jobs and we all love taking care of our loyal and gracious guests like yourself. We can't wait to see you again soon dgafrica, and thank you again for the wonderful review of the Belamar Hotel and Second Story Restaurant!

Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

a well located boutique hotel, near LAX, freeways, and beach communities, this hotel is a little gem, a very good value for the money. Though close to intersection of Rosecrans and Sepulveda, the room was very quiet, not overdone in style, but very satisfactory in every way.
I would recommend to anyone who is not looking for a lot of extras but values the fundamentals of a good nights stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank WilliamOne
Dear WilliamOne,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Belamar Hotel. I was happy to read of your delight with our fantastic location, close to LAX, the beaches, world class shopping and dining. The hotel is tucked away in an upscale neighborhood in Manhattan Beach, but it's easy to find as you mention just off the intersection of Rosecrans Avenue and Sepulveda Blvd.

Again, thanks for recommending the Belamar to other travels coming to the area and thank you for staying with us. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Each time we visit Manhattan Beach to see our daughter we stay at the Belamar. We are always impressed by the hospitality of the staff and the quiet, nicely appointed rooms. The beds are ultra comfy and I always sleep like a baby when I'm there.
The hotel has a very nice quality for the price and we've been more than satisfied and have returned on four different occasions. And their coffe is delicious!
We've had some minor issues and some rooms are larger than others, but any issues have always been resolved promptly by the excellent staff.

Room Tip: We like rooms over the courtyard and on a higher floor, away from the elevator.