“Don't bother!”
Review of Magic Skewers Restaurant - CLOSED

Magic Skewers Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Called in advance because I had a Restaurant.com Certificate - the owner was rude and abusive on the phone. I have never been treated like that and I hope the restaurant closes. I don't care what the food is supposed to taste like - you don't speak to customers like that - he should be taking anger management classes and taught how to respect paying customers.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

After choosing a discount certificate for Magic Skewers, my eyes moved to the reviews. Yes, it should have been the other way around, but my wife & I had been regulars there years ago so I knew what to expect. (We had stopped going there because we had moved.)
Yes, Amir is a character, and Yes, its best to call out his name when you come thru the door and you don't see anyone working, and Yes, the place looks as worn out as it did years ago.
As for our experience this time, the food was just as good, the portions were good, but the prices have become a bit too expensive, especially since our certificate required a minimum $45.00 purchase (rendering our bill, after the certificate was applied, to be in excess of $50.00).
Amir indicated that he 'survives on the tips' and that the building will soon be torn down. Perhaps it was good that we used our certificate, but I don't expect our return for another dinner.
Its your choice, and if you choose to dine there, the food should be good, and the place should be quiet (a good place for a quiet date).
Enjoy...

1  Thank steversjunk2016
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Food was good. A little salty. Not great food... but good. Low price. Good selection of dishes. BIG portions. Cozy old fashioned style setting. We enjoyed the experience. Owner is a nice man who will come out and talk to you.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I recently dined at Magic Skewers because of an offer on Groupon; $20 worth of food for $10. When we arrived, there was only one other couple at the restaurant, and only 2 more small groups came in during the time we were there. This should have been a red flag. The owner is very friendly, chatty, and attentive, however the food is only average. The chicken was very salty, fatty, and all red meat. I prefer white, but this was not an option. My wife's lamb contained much gristle. There were yellow rice, a few mushrooms, a small slice of raw onion, and a piece of tomato, but no other vegetables. We each were given half of a piece of pita bread. Tabbouli and hummus were not served or offered. The restaurant does not serve beer or wine, but will provide glasses for a $6 service charge. My recommendation would be to avoid this place. There is a much better alternative for this type of food in Manhattan Beach: Open Sesame. The prices are about the same, but it offers all the things not included at Magic Skewers and the food is much better.

1  Thank Samuel B
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Huge tasty portions of fish, steak, and chicken. Would have eaten here every night of the trip but my wife wouldn't let me.