“Disappointment”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Manhattan Beach, California
“Disappointment”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I recently dined at Magic Skewers because of an offer on Groupon; $20 worth of food for $10. When we arrived, there was only one other couple at the restaurant, and only 2 more small groups came in during the time we were there. This should have been a red flag. The owner is very friendly, chatty, and attentive, however the food is only average. The chicken was very salty, fatty, and all red meat. I prefer white, but this was not an option. My wife's lamb contained much gristle. There were yellow rice, a few mushrooms, a small slice of raw onion, and a piece of tomato, but no other vegetables. We each were given half of a piece of pita bread. Tabbouli and hummus were not served or offered. The restaurant does not serve beer or wine, but will provide glasses for a $6 service charge. My recommendation would be to avoid this place. There is a much better alternative for this type of food in Manhattan Beach: Open Sesame. The prices are about the same, but it offers all the things not included at Magic Skewers and the food is much better.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Samuel B

Griffin, Georgia
“I loved this place!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Huge tasty portions of fish, steak, and chicken. Would have eaten here every night of the trip but my wife wouldn't let me.

Visited February 2012
CA
“If you like interesting and have a sense of adventure...”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This place is for you! Huge portions, great food but the ambiance was definitely interesting. The owner is very sweet and gracious but be prepared that there will be TV's blaring, dead plants and rickety glass tables.
Get the Chicken Skewer dinner with the add on Shrimp Scampi- you won't be disappointed!

If they updated the decor and accepted credit cards, I would add a star since the food is very good.

Visited February 2012
“A place you'll tell your friends about!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

This place has the service, great food portions, and one of the tastest foods I've ever experienced. Very reasonably priced for what you get.

Lynwood, California
“Service is Great”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Good food, Great service, big portions, and reasonable price. need I say more me and mom shared a plate and we both got so full

• Visited February 2012