“Love this place.”

Dining options: Reservations
El Segundo, California
“Love this place.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Any place that has deviled eggs on the menu is always a treat for me, but this place has so much more. The food is just delicious. the staff is friendly and attentive. The fresh milk and cookies desert is a great way to end a fabulous meal. We were greeted and seated quickly and soon noticed specials for the day that sounded great. And they were. Can't wait to go back and see what new dishes they come up with.

• Visited July 2014

REDONDO BEACH, CA
“EXCELLENT RIB EYE”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Recently I had a steak attack. Looked for something nearby that looked good. A relatively new restaurant, Brickworks Roasthouse & Grill in Manhattan Beach, CA popped up and I gave it a try. I had the best ribeye that I've had in years. It was an excellent cut of meat with good marbling but no large strips of fat and no gristle. It was served with garlic confit and potatoes au gratin. Nothing fancy there but simply delicious. While there I also tasted their Maryland crab cake. On the menu it's served with a filet. I'm anxious to go back and give that a try. Definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2014
Manhattan Beach, CA
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This replaced the LA FOOD SHOW which I truly enjoyed. Thankfully Brickworks menu is as good as LA Food Show was. We really enjoyed our meal. My only other comment would be is the restaurant tends to be quite noisy/loud. So, if you want to dine and have a conversation, you might find it difficult to accomplish.

Visited April 2014
Manhattan Beach, California
“Happy hour”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Happy hour was nice. This isn't a noisy restaurant with tables crowded uncomfortably together. The drinks were good, I had the white sangria, made with champagne and St. Germaine. Yummy! We had a large sampling of appetizers, all delicious. The serving of guacamole could have been larger, my only complaint. The service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited May 2014
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Great place to chill and enjoy excellent wine and hospitality.”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

A cab ride away from the Ayres Hotel, Hawthorne, this was recommended by colleagues. We wanted to relax, chill and reminisce about our fantastic holiday in the Eastern Sierras on our last night before returning to the UK. We sat at the bar which was comfortable and had views of the whole restaurant which is designed well with a modern but comfortable feel. The guy behind the bar, Eric, was sensational. Being able to sample wines before you make a decision is incredibly helpful and Eric allowed us a few. We enjoyed every one of them and the food which was delicious. The appetisers were excellent and presented well, the burger was one of the best I've had. I am fortunate in that I get to LA a lot and I can't wait to return and introduce this wonderful venue to others.

• Visited May 2014