Shade Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$173
$149
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$113
$109
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$101
$98
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$278
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewszinc loungerooftop poolcake popsjacuzzi tubhotel barfew blocksmood lightingloxservice was impeccableboutique hotelperfect locationcomplimentary breakfastbeach cruiserssanta monicala areabike pathrestaurants and shops
Reviewed March 4, 2007

We live in LA and decided to take a weekend at SHADE... a little couple's getaway from all the chaos of life. It was amazing. The rooms are hip, comfy and relaxing...from the decor down to the blackout curtains and "chromatherapy" lighting in the bathroom. The beds are body countouring-- great night's sleep. We woke up early and borrowed 2 beach cruisers and biked up and down the Strand- it was a great way to start the day. We will definitely be back as soon as we can get another overnight babysitter!!
Amazing that we only live 30 miles away but we felt like we were on vacation! Thanks to all the great people at SHADE who made it a weekend to remember.

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank luvzbeemers
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My boyfriend surprised me on my birthday with a stay at Shade Hotel. The hotel did a wonderful job helping him to pull of the surprise (afterall, I'm not the easiest person to surprise). When we checked in to the hotel the front desk staff greeted me with an unexpected "Happy Birthday"! We were then led upstairs to the penthouse where the room was decorated with rose petals and candles. It was so beautiful. Unknown to me, a friend had dropped off desserts earlier in the day, and upon checck-in the houseman snuck upstairs and placed the desserts out for our enjoyment. It was the best birthday, and though most of the credit goes to my boyfriend, he couldn't have done it without the help of the hotel. And I don't think he could have picked a better place to do it. Although they have a great looking bar which, surprisingly, was busy for a Tuesday night, our room gave us reason enough to not leave. Equipped with a flat sceen tv and a personal keg- not to mention a sauna and rainforest shower, I never wanted to leave. The next time I need a quick getaway, birthday or not, Shade will definitely be my destination of choice. Hopefully next time, I won't have to get up and go to work and I'll have more time to walk around Manhattan Beach and enjoy the hotel's convenient location. I recommend this hotel to everyone who needs a little relaxation in their life.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank llacim
Reviewed January 19, 2007

I travel extensively for work, and have had a chance to stay at a number of boutique hotels around the country. Shade is one of the best.
Let's be honest.. in reality, the rooms are small, especially for the price. But what they've done with them.. WOW. Incredible. The jacuzzi tub is incredible, as is the fireplace (it was especially nice to have both those features, considering it was only 32 degrees outside while I was there!). The bed and linens were wonderful and I enjoyed the "pillow library" with selection of pillows.

The food in Zinc was wonderful and I would've liked to have a chance to have the cupcakes delivered to my room late-nite but ran out of time! Room service was delivered within 15 minutes.

Valet was wonderful and remembered who I was and what kind of car I had. They were very friendly, as was the front desk staff. Location of the property is great, and I love the quietness of Manhattan Beach.

Only negatives were the fact we didn't get wakeup calls we asked for two of the days we were there. Also, there were some charges supposed to be on our bill (valet and a room service charge) that didn't show up at time of check out and I'm left wondering when/if they'll show up on my charge card.

All in all, it was a wonderful stay. I can't wait to go back and stay there for fun and actually enjoy the property, instead of working the entire time!

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Kelly L
Reviewed January 18, 2007

My husband and I had an opportunity to stay at the Shade Hotel for our 22nd wedding anniversary. We had heard very positive reviews from friends and thought the location would be perfect as we hoped to walk on the pier and visit a few of the local restaurants.
We were very happy with the accommodations. The room was wonderful! Who wouldn't enjoy such a large spa tub in your room? The lighting and fireplace made the stay so romantic too! The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of extra pillows as we like.
I have to say the staff was great from the front desk to the valet. I felt very comfortable and welcome. I plan to stay at the Shade again!

Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank Shadedee
Reviewed January 14, 2007

From the start the service was impeccable. It's a gorgeous hotel with the finest of everything. Many things are complimentary, such as computers, DVD's, bike rentals on the beach, and breakfast. The room was amazing, with the best bedding we've slept on at any hotel. The hot tub, and the colorful lighting in the room made the stay out of this world. I wouldn't go anywhere else in the South Bay.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank calbear23