Shade Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$189
  • Pool
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$101
$98
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
BestWestern.com
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$150
$109
Travelocity
Westdrift Manhattan Beach, Autograph Collection(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Restaurant
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
Hotels.com
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewszinc loungerooftop poolcake popsjacuzzi tubhotel barfew blocksmood lightingloxservice was impeccableboutique hotelperfect locationcomplimentary breakfastbeach cruiserssanta monicala areabike pathrestaurants and shops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2014

my wife surprised me with an overnight stay at your amazing hotel! It started the minute we walked through the door and were greeted by probably the nicest young woman I have ever dealt with in a professional setting. She introduced herself immediately (Aubrey) and offered us a glass of champagne....AMAZING! She somehow knew it was my Birthday, which made me feel so special and welcomed. She then walked us and our bags to the room and explained all the fabulous amenities! Mood lighting.....fireplace.....spa tub...tempur-pedic mattress, and a custom pillow library....I mean, I could go on forever. We then had the pleasure of meeting the head Chef and enjoyed an off the menu meal that I still talk about. I hope my wife thinks I am worthy of another visit this year, but I am already planning to treat her for her birthday.
Thank you for reminding us what a luxury hotel really feels like!!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for Aubrey when booking at Shade
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shaunna M, General Manager at Shade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Steve,
It sounds like you had a fabulous birthday stay with us! Our rooms do have many fabulous amenities and it is great that you loved utilizing them all. We here at Shade love to create special experiences for all of our guests and it is wonderful that meeting Chef Chris and creating an off the menu meal was such a fabulous experience for you! Our Chef is amazing and we are so lucky to have him as part of our team. We cannot wait to have you back for both you and your wife’s birthdays!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We booked Shade because of the number of positive reviews as we had never visited the

The hotel is situated a few blocks back from the beach and only 10 minutes from the airport and 40 minutes (with traffic) from downtown LA, Hollywood etc.

It is a small, intimate hotel with fantastic service. The rooms are well fitted out and include hot tub, coffee machine and a feature is a gas fire in a glass tube! Nothing was too much trouble, we ate at a number of good local restaurants but agreed that Shade had the best food and service. (Lunch on the roof pool area was my favourite!)

Manhattan Beach is a lovely quiet area - an oasis from the bustle of LA and we used the complimentary bikes to explore the area which is a great way to get to the neighbouring towns along the beach cycle path.

We have already decided to return to Shade for and extended break and this time with our 4 year old daughter later this year!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear how much you loved the food and atmosphere here at Shade! Your description of Manhattan Beach is so true—“an oasis from the bustle of LA” and we are happy to hear you explored the area on our complimentary beach bikes. It is so exciting that you have decided to come stay with us again later this year and we look forward to seeing you. We hope your daughter has a wonderful time, as well!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

A hidden little Gem! Looking forward to staying here again. Excellent customer service and the coolest lounge area. Lighting and rooms-very romantic! Great music at night and offers a wonderful breakfast spread in the A.M. Two thumbs up in my book!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Terri B

We are so happy you can call us a “hidden little gem!" and we couldn't agree more! As a luxury boutique hotel, we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. It is wonderful that you enjoyed everything from our room ambiance to our evening music and morning beach breakfast buffet! It was a pleasure having you and we can not wait to see you again. Thank you!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Shade Hotel for two nights this past weekend. The hotel was very nice and staff was friendly and accommodating. This hotel is in an excellent location to walk to several restaurants in the area and right by the pier. The jetted spa and comfortable bed was nice to come back to after a long day out. We wish we could stay longer. We will definitely come back to this place again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Steven.

It sounds like you had a great stay with us and got to explore our wonderful pier area! Downtown Manhattan Beach is a very special place and our guests always love exploring all of the shopping, dining and entertainment the area has to offer! We look forward to seeing you when you return!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had to go to training in nearby Torrance and no rooms were available at my normal hotel. I noticed that the NHRA finals were the same week and I thought I was either going to scratch my itches or drive 2 hours. Instead , I chose this hotel. Maybe it is just because I live in Oklahoma but the whole experience was a thing of beauty. I have stayed at the Carlton-Ritz before. The staff responses to my needs were like a well rehearsed Broadway play and made sure that my stay was about me and went above and beyond what was required of them.
When I arrived, the staff valet parked my car and had my room ready. In my room, there was a fully stocked bar and fridge. There is so much in this room that is amazing that I was noticing new things every day. For instance, The whirlpool by the bed was incredible in itself. There were sliding doors that I found the 2nd day that I could enclose the bathroom from the rest if I wanted to, (but I didn't). I took lots of pictures and am going to model my house after the color scheme of the room I was in. The fire vortex and full balcony was great also. The pool on the roof was amazing view of Manhattan Beach, Even though it is really a pool sized Jacuzzi. The finishing touch that I liked was the fashion show the last night I stayed there. There are plenty of places to eat nearby and I felt safe walking at night down by the pier.

Room Tip: I am not sure about the other rooms but the street rooms would be quiet enough. The hotel is basically surrounded by a nice neighborhood on one side and plaza area with shops on the other. I stayed on a 2nd floor room that was opposite of the looby. The room was on the North.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We are thrilled that you were so impressed with our rooms you want to model your home after them! If I may be of service with regards to information on design details or vendor contacts please feel free to contact me at SMcKelvey@ShadeHotel.com. The rooms are always a favorite of our guests and it is true that you can discover more wonderful things about them every day! It is our staff’s goal to make your stay is as wonderful as possible and we are glad your experience was so fabulous! Thank you so much for the amazing review,