Shade Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$149
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$101
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$113
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$278
$239
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Seahorse Inn Motel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$110
$95
All reviewszinc loungerooftop poolcake popsjacuzzi tubhotel barfew blocksmood lightingloxservice was impeccableboutique hotelperfect locationcomplimentary breakfastbeach cruiserssanta monicala areabike pathrestaurants and shops
Reviewed January 2, 2012

I won Free two-nite stay @ Shade hotel. Room was above the Restaurant/Bar;VERY LOUD,and there was a Wedding that weekend and had no access to Bar/Restaurant area.
Valet too expensive and waited 20 minutes for my car. My Bill was fine until I got my CC bill
and had Excessive charges for pillows from Housekeeping. Staff is Rude and Hotel General Manager never returned my call. I work in the Hospitality business and know what GREAT customer service feels like to take care of the Guests experience. The Shade Hotel Fell short of my Expectations and I will not recommend or ever stay at this boutique hotel again.The Hotel Hermosa,Radisson,or Delphino I would stay at in the future. This hotel was a joke!
This hotel will charge your Credit Card after you depart for pillows and other charges that were not on your final folio as well as not call you or explain why this charge was on your bill.
Expensive rooms,loud,uncomfortable bed,charge you for pillows,valet missing,& bad service.

Room Tip: 2nd Floor Rooms on the West side are LOUD and above the Bar!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Terry503
Shade1221, General Manager at Shade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

While we welcome all feedback, we have discovered that this Two Night Stay was given on the request of a competing hotel for their recent holiday party. It is apparent that this review was intentionally negative.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Not really a big fan of LA. But since I have to be there on business once a quarter I had to find a place I was comfortable in. The shade is a small hotel in the heart of Manhattan Beach. The rooms are updated and comfortable. 15 GREAT restaurants are a walk away and getting into LA & the hills is a short ride.

Staff is VERY nice.

Issues, parking a pain, no real work space in room and gym is 2 miles away (have a deal with the Equinox). All I can deal with.

Room Tip: Make sure you are on West side of hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The hotel is beautiful, but I a terrible experience on the first night. I stayed there two nights and one was a Saturday. I was warned when I booked the room that it would be a little loud from the night club below, but I never expected my room to sound like I was in the same room as the DJ! It was terrible and I was forced to listen to the fist pumping music and therefore could not go to sleep till 12am when they stopped. In my opinion, their rooms next to the night club should never be rented out on a Saturday night. Their is no soundproofing at all! I asked to be moved to a different room, told the staff how I needed to go to sleep early that night, and they would not do it unless I forked out a lot more money. Saturday was a waste of my money and ruined the one night I really needed to go to sleep early. I hate to have to rate Shade as "poor," but this one experience deserves it.

The good news, on the other hand Sunday was quite and peaceful. The staff was nice and the food was also very good. Breakfast was fantastic. Rooms where cozy and the beds delightful.

My only other recommendation is to make the pool water warmer when its cold and set up the heaters so the outdoor area can be enjoyed during the daytime in the winter months.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ReneeChicago
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Yep, it looks more like a motel than a hotel. But it is cool. Bathtub has blinking lights in it and movable doors around tub. Very unusual. And cool. Free bike rental. Perfect location. Expensive parking. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is one of my favorite hotels. It's a small boutique hotel, very modern and trendy. The tempurpedic bed inspired me to buy one at home. They also have a variety of tempurpedic pillows. I celebrated my birthday here one year and had a great time. This seems like a perfect place to party but the only problem is they do control the noise levels here. The in room jacuzzi tub for 2 is great and has lights above that can change colors or you can make it stay one color. You can have the tub enclosed or open the sliding fogged glass doors for an open jacuzzi. The rooms also have iHome so you can play your iPod. This place is great for couples and anyone wanting a cool place to stay. Zinc lounge at the hotel is pretty cool but now they close at midnight due to the noise control. For my birthday my friends all met in my room for a drink, we then hung out at the hotel lounge which is a really cool crowd, and then we walked to a club up the street. In the morning I hung out in their rooftop jacuzzi pool. Rates are high, about $400 a night but worth it for a special occasion. Sign up for their mailing list on their website for special offers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple