“Worth the Price”

Fishing with Dynamite
Reserve with OpenTable
Fishing with Dynamite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Varenna, Italy
“Worth the Price”
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

An attractive, almost New England, chic and hip restaurant( no puns intended)...The clam chowder was great, except for the overly large pieces of pork( was that guanciale, the cheek of the pig?)...as. Still tasted it two courses later...I do not belong to the bacon in chowder school...a better way to achieve this smokey tasting ingredient is Turkey Bacon in small portiions if you MUST HAVE a pork flavoring, but. still prefer the moderate use of Tabasco, wiuld have made this superbly made Chowder into a better dish, although a GREAT starter as it is, but postage sized and too thick is not how you do a chowder ...
The Sword fish was fresh and tasty on it own, but presented with a green, i'll guess, pesto reduction, sauce AND mint...these tasty morsels were of the finest quality partly ruined by oversalting AND this truly unnecessary green sauce...Let the ingredient be the star not the overactive imagination of the chef....AND a sometimes too potent wine...
The wines by the glass offered a chance to try some neat foreign wines, the 3 different whites were all Great...or was that 4 glasses?
The service was just perfect and I would go back in a heartbeat, but compared to my €45 euro out the door dinner at Mella just outside of Bellagio in Italy, the value just is not there...€140 out the door with tip may not sound like much, but is 12 workmans lunches in most of Italy..

American restaurant prices are far too high!

This is a a great restaurant... With a unique character...but the foid is overly fussy and the base ingredient is condiment overpowered and too salty...

The Lobster Pie had perfectly cooked lobster chunks hidden amongst the far too present potatoes, far too little lobster and far too much breading around and on top of the large ramican that housed what was essentially A lobster Bisque....interesting breading though, I think it was cornbread, but too much of it.... Many, Many yeare ago when we had HAMBURGER HAMLET They had the perfect lobster bisque, I still think one of the best Brad has tasted..

1 Thank Tourmanager61

St. Louis
“Great food, tiny place.”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We went with our two teen sons and two older relatives. We were half the restaurant. The place is itty bitty. They tell you that the dishes are meant to be shared. I don't think so, the portions are way too small for that. Would you like a bite of my crab cake? Um, no. The octopus was pretty good, I'd never had it before and my teenager loved it. (he let me have a bite) The rolls are tasty but tiny. You get 4 for $5. Not a great deal. My crab cake was okay, nothing to write home about. One person ordered the special (soft shelled crab with salad) and they brought him the crab cake instead. The waitress told him he didn't order the special but we all heard him and know that he did. She didn't offer to replace it or change anything. The meal was $180 for six of us and that was with no alcohol.

Couldn't resist the name, but I can resist another visit. I don't want to spend $20-$25 per plate and leave hungry.

• Visited August 2014
Long Island
“Very good food but tiny tiny portions.”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Ok we were a party of 4 and hungry. We waited awhile for a table and had drinks next door at MB post. We were told the portions were small plates and to order a bunch and share which we did. The portions were zoo tiny we couldn't get enough food. We had octopus which was great but minuscule, the halibut was awesome but maybe 3 oz and we ordered a bunch. The fried whole snapper was described as for two people but I could have 3 of them myself at $42 a piece I think. Now please don't get me wrong all the food was very good but we left starving after a huge bill. We decided we would not return.

Visited August 2014
Lancaster, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Had a rare lunch out with my husband sans kids. The food was excellent as was the service. Very small restaurant - not meant for groups. Water not very tasty and they had no bottled but the wine was yummy!!

• Visited August 2014
Milan, Italy
“Dynamite”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I dined here recently for lunch with a friend who apparently is a VIP because they kindly brought us several extra dishes to compliment what we ordered. I especially loved the corn and hamachi and fish tacos. I would eat here again and again and again - even without the free food!

Visited July 2014