“Wonderful food, fun place”

Fishing with Dynamite
Reserve with OpenTable
Fishing with Dynamite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Wonderful food, fun place”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a late dinner here on the recommendation of friends who had heard great things but who had also not had the opportunity to try it out. The restaurant is tiny by restaurant standards. The tables are crowded together, and you can get pretty cozy with your neighbor. It is also noisy-- the music is very loud, and so any discussion you want to have with your table mate(s) will have to compete with noise in excess of the usual restaurant din. Neighbors a few tables away were yelling and reminiscing about the variety of songs which were played, and we could not help but listen to them recant the memories and their musical prowess. However, that being said, this place gives off a fun atmosphere, and the food was excellent. The seafood selections were plenty, and it was nice to pick and choose a few things to share. The cold lobster and oysters were a good start for us. The oysters were fresh and really changed my tune about oysters in general, as my first encounter was not all that favorable. The clam chowder was creamy and chock full of chunky veggies-- a great combination. The hamachi was amazing. The bread and pretzel bread pudding was the perfect cap-off. If you want a romantic dinner, this is not the place for you. However, if you want a fun and delicious dining experience, Fishing with Dynamite is perfect!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great seafood and amazing dessert.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a great selection of fresh oysters. Variety of seafood from fish to lobster. Everything was fresh. Best bread pudding we ever had.
Place is quite small so you have to be patient and pick the right time to get a space.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Loved It!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

My daughter, her fiance and I are seafood fanatics. At the suggestion of the outstanding staff at The Shade, we went to FWD tonight. If you like creatively prepared, exceptionally fresh seafood in a friendly environment, this is the place to go. Being "good eaters", we ordered (and finished) about half the items on the menu. Each dish was remarkably good. The raw selection with which we started was impeccable. The wine list was well chosen and way beyond the mundane over-priced selection too many restaurants pass off today. The kids were almost a half hour late for our reseration (traffic on the 405-what a surprise!), but I was seated immediately and allowed to hold our table until they arrived. In a small, popular place like this, letting me sit before our whole party was there was a most pleasant surprise. What can I say, FWD is a must if you love seafood.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Howard L
“Solid! Great replacement for Talia's”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Peruvian scallops
Hamachi
Tina tartare
Grilled sword squid
Crab cake
Cocktails

That's the menu to order. No reservations accepted but I am 3/3 for getting into table in sub-30 mins. Scene is MB local and awesome. Place is here to stay

Chicago,IL
“Teeny tiny hot spot”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The former Talia is now FWD one of the new MB hotspots owned by the POST restaurant which is right next door. The Chef was trained at Charlie Trotter's a Chicago 5 star for years and now closed everything about Post and FWD reminded me of Girl&the Goat Chicago's hottest dining experience. Both places are always packed but FWD is ridiculous as it seats maybe 20. So forget about walking in you need a reservation but if you dine late like me then you can always sneak in.
Food is good but this is basically an oyster bar and raw food menu to start, let's be honest serving oysters is just a matter of making sure they are fresh and opening them at $39 a dozen I can find a whole bunch of other spots that are cheaper,less crowded and just as good. The pork belly was to fatty for my taste. I enjoyed the beet salad. Highlight of the night was the bartender's Thai basil & pepper old fashion, this was an outstanding cocktail and very well made worth the trip. As an old bartender I have already added the recipe to my reportoire.