“yummy!”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S Inglewood Avenue
Description: Are you looking for the best Indian cuisine in Los Angeles? Well look no further. India's Tandoori offers the healthiest dishes made with the freshest, most flavorful ingredients. You will leave hungry. We are the next best thing to visiting India. One of our main priorities is making sure you get healthy and delicious food. You should not have to sacrifice flavor to maintain a high quality of health. Enjoy traditional Indian dishes like tandoori chicken, and more unique ones like curried goat. Whatever you're craving, we have something that will satisfy your desire for the best Indian cuisine around. Whether you are having a business lunch, entertaining family and friends, or just having a night on the town, you can count on us to have a wide selection of yummy Indian cuisine, guaranteed to send you on your way with a smile and a full belly. It is our goal to make sure you have an enjoyable time when you come dine with us. Come visit us today. We are eager to serve you and your guests scrumptious authentic Indian cuisine.
Manhattan Beach, California
“yummy!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love this place! The service is okay, but the food is delicious. I absolutely love their macaroni salad and you MUST get the pork lumpias. They are amazing (don't tell but I've eaten two orders before). Yum yum yum yum

Visited October 2012

Redondo Beach, CA
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Food is always right on, service is great, freiendly staff, clean..They have a big (Artificial tree) inthe middle of the dinning room, cute the kids love seeing it when you walk in.

• Visited December 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“Atmosphere takes it over the top”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

At first glance, it may appear that this is a somewhat above-normal beach restaurant. What you get when you walk in is a Hawaiian-based menu with a tree(!) "growing" right in the middle of the dining room!

That a lot of locals dine there tells you the complete story.

The menu is full of authentic Hawaiian dishes. Please note: I did NOT say "Hawaiian-STYLED" dishes, which some restaurants make the mistake of preparing... their spin on a Hawaiian recipe. The food is authentic and delicious, and the atmosphere... there's a full mural on the wall depicting a Hawaiian sunset... makes you never want to leave.

You can check out the menu here: http://www.backhomeinlahaina.com/menus.html There are also pictures of the inside of the restaurant. The one shown here is from their website as I was unable to find my panorama shot I took with my phone. :(

They have a second restaurant in Carson which, believe it or not, is actually better! The reason I say this is because the few times I visited, the clientele was mostly HAWAIIAN! If that doesn't give you an indication of the style and quality of the food, I don't know what will!

• Visited February 2012
Los Angeles
“Good kalua pork and Hawaiian BBQ pork”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The KALUA PORK was juicy and smoky. The beef that also came in the #1 combo was almost not worth eating--not especially tender or tasty. The chicken nuggets were O.K. I thought they were a bit tough and dry, but my hubby, who likes firm chewy foods far more than I do, liked them fine.

The BBQ pork was tender enough, and had enough taste so it was almost hard to eat by itself.

SIDE DISHES the macaroni salad had potato bits and less mayo, if any, than Hawaiian mac salad elsewhere; the cabbage ramen salad had sliced cabbage, broken up chunks of uncooked ramen noodles (like the kind that comes wrapped in plastic with no cup), sesame seeds and flavor; the 2 wontons were deep fried and fun to crunch on.

Half of my "plate" (as opposed to the "bowl" version, which comes with only rice, not the choice of 3 sides like the "plate") was enough for a petite lunch.

The decor is very casual, the tables and chairs small-ish. Parking in the back was easy.

Even though the meats were not as juicy as Ono's, I would love to go back and try the fried rice or fish tacos, among other things.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful Food, Great Value and Service!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We visited because we knew this was the closest to Lahaina we'd be getting on our trip to L.A. We loved the food, excellent service and even cheesy hawaiian decor. I had the Teryaki Chicken and my husband had the Mixed Plate. Both were excellent with huge portions for the price! Get the fried rice with bacon!

• Visited October 2011