“Nice atmosphere, food is ehh”
Review of Sloopy's

Sloopy's
Ranked #19 of 195 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Food is nothing special, and the waitress got my simple order wrong, I am not too picky, but I do not tolerate mistakes like that. The food was nothing special, but the atmosphere was pretty cool as well as the fireplace in the middle of the restaurant.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I finally made it to Sloopy's after wanting to go for a while. Took an out of town guest here for an early breakfast before heading back to LAX. This place was a TOTAL JOKE!!! I cannot express HOW BAD our experience was. I only wish I had the name of our COMPLETELY WORTHLESS AND LAME waitress. (Young girl, blondish/brown pony tail). We told her from the minute we sat down that we were kind of in a hurry to make a flight. She said NO PROBLEM. I'LL MAKE SURE YOUR BREAKFAST COMES OUT QUICK. There were THREE OTHER TABLES IN THE WHOLE RESTAURANT. 3!!
TWENTY FIVE MINUTES LATER AND 3 TIMES TELLING US OUR FOOD WOULD BE COMING OUT NEXT.....
I told her to FORGET IT! Cancel our order. We are leaving!!
And the topper?? NO APOLOGY...NO FREE MUFFIN FOR THE ROAD....NO NOTHING EXCEPT....AND I QUOTE..."well I hope you are at least going to pay for your coffee."
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????
REALLLLY IMPRESSIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
I literally tossed a $5 bill on the counter as I walked out. Which was STUPID of me!! I should have told her where she could put her coffee. This place SUCKED!!!! SAVE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME and go somewhere better...ANYWHERE other than this PATHETIC excuse for a restaurant.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I've been to sloopys several times now and it seems to be a hit or miss. I've had great food and great service and then I come back a month later, food is terrible and I can't even place an order. I think it's best to go during their busy times - Sat/Sun brunch, otherwise you won't even get noticed walking in the restaurant.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Really yummy food at sloopys . I really enjoyed the breakfasts. They have great healthy choices. The cafe is covered in beautiful plants, it is a perfect place to relax.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Great garden feel. Excellent no frills food. Love the veggie burger and chocolate peanut butter shakes!!