“Mexican Food Well Prepared”

Sion's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2012

A good place to eat and our kids like it. I find the food well prepared but too Sonorian for my taste

1  Thank polarbearx

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We had dinner there a couple of times recently. It appears to be a favorite with the older set, of which we are part. The place is clean and friendly although the wait staff is a little challenged with English. But that is OK. Prices are reasonable.
Our chief complaint is that the food, although plentiful, is unremarkable, not bad, just bland. I ordered the garlic shrimp dish last time and the shrimp had a rubbery texture to it, suggesting that it was overcooked. Too bad, otherwise it is a nice place.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Mexican omletter for breakfast called "El Healthy" was amazing especially with a chilli dip and those crunchy crispy things. Lovely place, lovely people.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Asked waiter direct questions, for which he gave me response of his imagined real question. After telling him first time/hungry, it was hell to understand him. Food was ok, not gourmet or authentic from my experience. Got French toast after disaster had hair or thread in it, waiter "I knew this would happen!" really? How? Perhaps it's a Mexican restaurant trait.

Reviewed August 14, 2009

The shredded beef tacos are the best. The service is always friendly and fast. The restaurant and bathrooms are super clean. A very comfortable, easy spot for a family lunch or dinner. They also serve breakfast which I hear is quite good. They are closed on Sundays.

2  Thank marnigreg