“Beautiful, delicious, beach-close”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosecrans Avenue
Transit: Bus stop on Rosecrans. Hotel trolley stop in front of restaurant.
Description: Authentic Mexican cuisine, award-winning margaritas, world-class service and nightly entertainment.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great food and service, beach-close and authentic Mexican cuisine in the heart of Manhattan Beach residential area.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great mexican food, salsa and margaritas! Friday and Saturday nights are hopping in the bar with live bands. Dont forget to take a cab home!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

On my last day in Los Angeles, I wanted some really good Mexican food. We were staying at the Comfort Inn not far from there and the concierge recommended this restaurant. A lady happened to be there and spoke out to agree with him, saying it was the best.

I had no idea what to expect. I'm from Texas and have grown up eating really good Mexican food, but was interested in what LA would call Mexican. It was really good, I was not disappointed.

Figuring that it would be busy on a Saturday night, I called and to my surprise they accept reservations. When we got there, we found that they have valet parking (can't remember if it's free or not) and the place was indeed very busy.

We arrived a few minutes early but we didn't have to wait for long. Maybe 5 minutes or less. There is a ton of stuff to see there. You could easily spend a lot of time just looking around at their silk plants, paintings and so forth.

We were shown to a nice, but very small table. The one thing that I didn't like was the noise. It was very loud. So loud that I could not understand what the waiter was saying. Yes, he was probably Mexican and had an accent, but that wasn't the problem since I've grown up hearing that accent. The problem was the unimaginable noise. I had to shout across our teensy table, just so my husband could hear me.

As for the waiter himself, he was very good. I ordered what he recommended, which I believe was the Especial de Cabo. Man oh man. That was DELICIOUS! Also it was an enormous dish, which was a bit disappointing only because I would be leaving the next morning, so I wouldn't have been able to eat the leftovers. The margarita I got was very good too, but it sure packed a punch.

The silk plants and open-air-like ceiling made it an interesting building. There was music too, somewhere. We never saw them but could hear them. It would even be better if they used real plants, which wouldn't be hard. Start slow. Replace them one at a time.

All in all, I really enjoyed it. It only loses one star because of the noise.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is where we always bring friends visiting from outside of California. The ambiance, food, margaritas and service are just right!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We visited this restaurant on Father's Day; They provided us with a family photo for free upon our departure. The food was excellent. The inside of the restaurant was decorated beautifully with an authentic Mexican feel. We all had something different and everyone loved their food!! We highly recommend getting there early as it can get very crowded very fast. They do offer a parking area with valet parking. (Very good idea as parking is a luxury in Manhattan Beach).