“Great Quick Mexican Food!”

El Tarasco Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 12, 2012

El Tarasco's in Manhattan Beach is great. I've tried a few in the inner city and wasn't as impressed. They stay open late so if you're coming from one of the local hang outs this is a great location for a late night inexpensive quick meal. Very small, limited seating but great authentic Mexican food!

1  Thank NikkiGean

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were recommended by our hotel The SeaView Inn to go to this tiny perfect gem. The place at first is not inviting at all. There are very few tables and carryout seems to be the thing to do. We ate at the counter where I observed the staff constantly cleaning. I am a clean freak so I noticed that the place is incredibly maintained. My daughter and I ordered single dishes and our bill came to less than $6. There is no alcohol served but there are plenty of fountain drinks to choose from. We had water. The meal was so fantastic that we plan to stop by on the way to airport in a few days to carryout!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

El Tarasco is one of my favorite restaurants for California/Mexican food ... having eaten at this restaurant over the years the quality is consistent and top flight ... if you are really, really hungry or craving melted cheesy, soft flour tortilla, pulled chicken, jalapeños, guacamole ... and want to get on the flavor bus ... this is the place. Friendly in all ways ... the food is the king here ... no fancy stuff ... just solid.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The carne asada is fresh, and they have a spicy "salsa" that is very authentic (but you have to ask for it). Delicioso!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you're stumbling out of Pancho's, Sharkeez, Fish Bar, or OBs after a fun night out in North MB, El Tarasco is THE place to get your "fourth meal". The staff is super nice (not to mention patient with all the inebriated folks) and the food is prepared quickly. We've even eaten there for dinner and the food still holds up!