“First taste of Paradise”
Review of Islands Restaurant

Islands Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 195 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed November 16, 2013

we got a shuttle from the airport to the manhatten village shopping centre and stumbled across Islands, well , what a find , the place was so nice , service with a smile and very quick, we were asked if we would like to sit in or outside and we chose to sit outside , we were given menus and the lovely girl left us long enough to chose , as I hate it while they stand there with pen in hand watching you chose, so we ordered and our drinks arrived quick I ordered a strawberry smoothie and it was to die for , my husband had a beer was from their micro brewery which he really enjoyed , we ordered 2 burgers his was the kilavea so delicious but if you order this be aware its peppery hot which he loved , I ordered a Maui burger mine too was delicious , so I highly recommend to stop here , loved it all oh and the fries were cooked to perfection all the food was none greasy.this was our first taste of a real American burger and one we found we could not match....this really is worth going to please put it on your place to eat list.......

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Malls are a challenge, especially on the West Side. Islands is the perfect place for a family or the "non-shopping" spouse to rest, relax watch a game then entertain the rest of the family with a great meal and good wine or beer. One of the best values for keeping peace in the family and enjoying good food and fellowship, especially for USC fans at the bar!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pretty good burger place. Fries bottomless, but inconsistent, overdone a lot of the time. I actually prefer their chicken sandwiches vs the burgers.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

If your looking for a burger or tacos this is perfect. Casual family place for a reasonable price. TV's are located throughout so you can watch while dining. Service was great.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Being one who embraces a great burger, I was told to try Islands. Very disappointing. Meat was over cooked and not tasty. To give them a fair shake, I went there again and once again the burger was not tasty. Maybe they need a new meat supplier. I went back a third time to try the Tortilla Soup which was pretty good. Recommend asking for extra avocado and sour cream when ordering the all you can eat soup. The booths are tight, so if you are a large person you will be uncomfortable. The service, each time I visited, was excellent.