“A Hidden Gem in Plain Sight”
Review of Lido Restaurant

Lido Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I am not usually a fan of restaurants in shopping centers, but I worked late at the office and by 9 o’clock the fast food places were closing up. I spotted Lido across the parking lot and decided to give it a try instead of driving around to another place. What a pleasant surprise, I did not expect such a grand place in the shopping center. First, they have a tremendous wine bar and with a superb offering of fine wines (both by the glass and by the bottle). Second, the food is top quality. Third, the service is great – could not ask for better. Fourth, the desserts are fantastic. I had the best tiramisu ever! And the best cheese plate this side of France. Finally and most importantly, it is not outrageously priced (well, maybe some of the wines are). I have to take back what I said about restaurants in shopping centers - this is a real gem. I have been back two more times.

1  Thank merlot1234

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Great food and relaxing atmosphere. The seafood special and homemade chicken sausage with rigatoni were awesome. No room for dessert!

1  Thank FirstMateJanet
Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a very nice Italian restaurant the fills the niche when you want quiet and great food. The ambience is very nice the wait staff is nice. You meet the nicest people here.

2  Thank Gus and Dee
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Being next to Houstons bar and grill, this could be in it's shadow, but the food here was some on the best we had on our entire trip. At a reasonable price, great food and service is given in a modern atmosphere. Well worth a try.

2  Thank Mart_uk
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This place was filthy. Completely disgusting, filthy dirty. The food tasted like freezer food that was old. I'm surprised I didn't actually get physically sick from eating food that old. It was flavorless and rotten. The waitstaff was lazy and acted like they were doing me a favor by being alive and at work that day. The worst part, it was expensive. How the hell does this place stay in business?

1  Thank SeaJenniTravel