“Amazing”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Austin
“Amazing”
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We were visiting from Texas and met up with family on manhattan beach. After a full day in the sun, we were starving. We walked by and received a sample of garlic bread and we were hooked. Our group of 10 + were treated like family and the food was utterly incredible. This is a must-experience eatery.

• Visited June 2014

Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must visit!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

After spending the day with a friend and her 4 year old grandson, I asked someone where we could find the best pizza in the area. Ironically, we were 2 storefronts away. She told me that Mama D's was rated #1. We went and ordered a pizza. They gave us each a free ravoli and homemade choc chip cookie at the end... My friend's son was able to choose a toy out of the box (he took 3).. he was thrilled... we were given a business card for a free appetizer for our next visit. Pizza was great and so was the bread and dipping oil! Ravoli and cookie were also a treat. Definitely worth a visit!! A must try at 1125 Manhattan Ave in Manhattan Beach, Ca

• Visited June 2014
Manhattan Beach, California
“I walked 35 minutes for Mama D's Italian Meatballs!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Year round, it is a treat for me to walk the 35 minutes to Mama D's Italian Restaurant because I really like their meatballs. Their pizza is cooked to perfection; pasta dishes are sooooo delicious; free bread with garlicky dips is welcomed; and the servers are well informed, playful, and fun. Did I mention that their meatballs are the best! The location is perfect for doing the pier afterwards, or just enjoying the Manhattan Beach vibe. O, I have yet to try their varied Italian desserts because I am soooo full after eating their scrumptious meatballs.
btw, you child-like kids out there, feel comfortable in playing with your meatballs but when you will finally eat them, smile you will. If having dessert is important to you, then do not order their meatballs. I think you know what I am talking about (and you thought putting olives on each finger was fun). Think again :-)

Benton, Louisiana
“Very nice surprise!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I were craving pizza & salad while visiting the area. We googled pizza & were head to a place past Mama D's which turned out to be closed. So, after viewing the wall menu here, we decided to dine here and so glad we did! Everything was delicious...from the bread & oil to the pizza & salad and cookies afterwards. Service was fantastic, too!

Los Angeles
“Great service, but....”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went for first time on a Sunday evening and we (2 adults, two kids) were seated right away. Hostess and waitress were perfect in terms of service and friendliness. Food came out quickly. However, portions are small considering they want $24 for a dish of pasta, sauce, and one sausage link. Eggplant parmigiana portion was hardly bigger than what you'd get in a frozen entree and it didn't taste much better. They threw in freebie bread and a few tortellini to their credit and we needed it because the portions were so small. Clearly you're paying for the high rent, being one block away from the strand. That and, I suppose, for the average Manhattan Beach wealthy residents, this is chump change. Yet, it's not like there is a view and the place is wicked crowded- I could barely fit into the booth (I am 6'0" tall medium build). Ok but I doubt we'll be back. Scardinos in Torrance or Giorgios in Rolling Hills Estates are a better value.

• Visited May 2014