“Diner style (but more Hollywood) restaurant on the beach, open 24 hrs., serves liver, great Eggs-Crab Benedict, pretty...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Kettle

The Kettle
Cuisines: American, Diner, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Diner style (but more Hollywood) restaurant on the beach, open 24 hrs., serves liver, great Eggs-Crab Benedict, pretty good French onion soup. Sit in patio by day, wind's great; sit by night - tiki lamps needed.

Michigan
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

We enjoyed our meal here very much. Food was great, prices fair and it was in a good location to walk to the beach.

2 Thank happytraveler49
Shady Cove Oregon
“If I wanted lousy service, I would've stayed home!”
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Not that it was the waiter's fault, but we were seated outdoors for brunch because it was a lovely day. Unfortunately, the city decided to install a sign of some kind and used a jack hammer to tear up the sidewalk right next to the restaurant. Would have asked to be moved but other customers said it was nearly as noisy inside.
What was the waiter's fault was his attitude. When my daughter pointed out that her eggs were not done as she requested, he responded, "Well, I didn't cook them." Then we watched as he scooped them into the trash without further comment. Later we were given the wrong check and the waiter acted perturbed. Maybe he was annoyed with himself, I don't know. He gave us another check and there was a charge for an orange juice. The cost of my meal included a juice so I pointed that out to him. He mumbled something about thinking that the busboy had brought an additional juice to the table.
Needless to say, my tip was far less than I normally leave. It was $1 on a $35 tab... my daughter said that it was too much.
As far as the food was concerned, it was all overcooked and dry.

1 Thank ShadyRogue
usa
“Great mellow hangout”
Reviewed April 8, 2009

Really warm and cozy inside. Like being inside a big mountain cabin! Food is reasonably priced and generous, though not exceptional. The staff and the manager are polite and funny. It's great to be able to sit in the street cafe in winter too, it's sheltered enough to need only a tiny amount of heat. I wish we had this restaurant where I live, I would use it as a hangout!

1 Thank traveltode
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Mainstay South Bay traditional diner restaurant. Old school servers and great kids menu. Overall a great choice if...”
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Mainstay South Bay traditional diner restaurant. Old school servers and great kids menu. Overall a great choice if you're looking for a burger or any American Fare.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook