“Been going Here for YEARS!”
Review of The Kettle

The Kettle
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014

First, I've been a Kettle regular actually now for decades, off and on. I've been at all times of the day or night, sat outside and in, and many times at the counter. I've watched the passing parade of humanity and struck many a conversation with strangers, even at 2 in the morning. So it holds a soft spot in my heart. It's an original. Recently, I've been taking my 80-year-old mom to the Kettle, as she loves it, too. I can't give it a perfect rating because the food can be a bit uneven and they do change the menu selections enough that something you loved six months ago might be gone. But a secret of the Kettle is - if it used to be on the menu, you can probably still ask for it and they can probably still make it. As to service, unfortunately that, too, can be a bit uneven. Our last time there, a few weeks ago, we had a young guy at the counter who was either new, or just uninterested. I wasn't sure which, to be frank. But usually I've had good service, sometimes even great. Years ago there were a cadre of older waitresses - you know the type - who'd been waiting tables for a long time. But they were great - didn't miss a trick. Nowadays, it's mostly younger wait staff and frankly - give me back the old dames! (Hey, I'm an old dame myself, so I can say that.) Not that some younger folks can't be great wait staff, but a lot of them . . . it's obvious they just don't want to be there. So that's the good and the not-so-good. Mostly, with the Kettle you want a home style meal with an amazing muffin on the side and that's what you'll get.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Had a large group of 12 with kids, great service, great menu and great food! Reasonable prices as well.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had fried chicken and it was good, not great...but I could have eaten a pan ful of the honey bran muffin and the mashed potatoes were amazing. When I couldn't decide on a bread the waiter said he would decide for me! And here came the muffen...loved it and him:o)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Kettle is a Redondo standard where the staff is friendly and will accommodate whatever you want. The breakfasts and muffins are the best and available anytime.
You might have to wait to sit outside. The only hard part is finding parking.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Been to quit a few overpriced bad places in hermosa and manhattan beach areas. Have to date a bunch of toads before you find the real thing. The kettle is hands down the best in the area. DO NOT MISS this place. Clean, food is awesome, reasonably priced with a personal service everywhere else missed. The kettle was worth the weekend! All else was sub par.