“An excellent place for brunch”
Review of The Kettle

The Kettle
Ranked #11 of 196 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Kettle is open 24 hours, but my wife and I tend to go there for brunch. The crab cake version of Eggs Benedict is such a great way to start a lazy day. We have high standards for food, and have not been disappointed here. Plus the atmosphere is fun and friendly.

sarah s, Manager at The Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Reviewed October 4, 2013

A good place for casual dining. Eating outside adds to the beauty with cool breeze. Portions on the salads are large and the staff is very accommodating. A great stop while walking around.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I ate at the Kettle this past Saturday. I've been to this restaurant one other time for breakfast, and liked it quite a bit. However, I was not that impressed with the lunch menu or our service this time around. It was a clear blue, bright and sunny afternoon so we opted for the patio. We could see the ocean from our table which was nice. Our server was very slow with taking our order, and she wasn't that friendly either. I ordered a vegetarian burger which was average, and my husband ordered a chicken burrito which he loved! The portions are very big!

sarah s, Manager at The Kettle, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Hi there - We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than perfect. That is not our standard and we appreciate the feedback so that we can take action to make things better for you next time. Were there specific items you were hoping to find on the lunch menu that did you not see? Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I love the Kettle! Huge menu. Open 24 Hours and walkable from my place! Everything I've ever had here is fantastic. Today I tried the Tuna Melt and enjoyed every bite!
Sitting outside is really nice, minus the bikers revving their Harley engines and wanna be thugs blasting their bass-filled music. But excellent people watching to be had!
Always get good service and the bus boys are the best!
Food comes out fast and fresh.
Price is definitely decent for being in Manhattan Beach.
I'm a fan of The Kettle and so is every guest I've brought with me.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

After a flight to L.A. From Chicago, an old friend suggested we meet at The Kettle in Manhattan Beach, for lunch. A quick drive aouth, inexpensive street parking, and a short walk later, my friend and I were seated outdoors on beautifully cool day (temps in the valley were over 100!) Enhanced by the sea breeze, our lunches arrived... I was please with my choice of enchiladas, my amigo with a pot roast sandwich. Plenty of delicious fillings, great sides, and pleasant servers made for a great time. I plan to return on my next L.A. trip... So many things to try on the varied menu... Something for just about everybody. Do take a walk after your meal, and stroll the pleasant shops and pier just down the street.