“Nice first So. Cal. restaurant experience!”
Review of The Kettle

The Kettle
Ranked #11 of 197 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends took me to this place shortly after my arrival at LAX. We were looking for something relatively light to eat so I had the French onion soup and shared a plate of hummus with my friends. Good food enjoyed out on the patio; it was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed taking in the beach town atmosphere, with a decent view towards the ocean. Afterwards we walked down to the Manhattan Beach pier. A nice first southern California restaurant experience!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

an institution in Manhattan Beach, the Kettle is not only open 24/7, but serves great food and drink that will not cost you a fortune. I highly recommend this restaurant, just a few blocks up from the pier. Expect a short wait for seating during peak times, but they do their best to get you taken care of!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stopped in here before and I must say I haven't been disappointed yet. The food is great and the service is consistently good. Recommend the Garlic and Bleu Burger!!

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Only place open Thursday at midnight. Rapid service and the place was almost full. Tortilla soup has a different good flavor. The rest of the food tasted like was done by your worse enemy. Can't poison you, but it just a lot of ingredients heat in the same skillet. No full bottles of wine available. I'm not returning to the restaurant unless I was completely drunk and need some proteins intake

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The food is good and reliable, the menu selection is huge, the staff is friendly, and the location at the intersection of Highland and Manhattan Beach Blvd is right in Beach-Central. When asked if you want garlic toast or a muffin with your meal, say "bran muffin". Slather it with butter. Eat it with a fork; don't even try using your fingers. This isn't a "five-star restaurant", but once you've been here a few times you'll become a regular. I sure did. I've been eating here since 1973. Can't beat it with a stick.