“Great for late night”

Reviewed November 26, 2007

Great for late night

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Reviewed November 24, 2007

Perfect place for late night, after-club/after-bar eats.

Reviewed July 23, 2007

My wife and I lived in the South Bay area of Los Angeles for two years, and we learned to rely on The Kettle for consistently good breakfasts (better than Uncle Bill's Pancake House, in our opinion), as well as good sandwiches. It was never our top choice for lunch or dinner, but their french dip and chicken salad sandwiches were among the best we ever found in the entire South Bay region.

Another plus: The Kettle is open 24 hours.

The Kettle was started and is still owned by the same people who began the "Mimi's Cafe" chain of restaurants. The Mimi's and Kettle menus are nearly identical.

If you go on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evening, ask to be seated in Wes' section. He is a terrific server, and my wife and I always enjoyed seeing him if we stopped in for dinner.

Reviewed July 21, 2007

We were vacationing in California and had the chance to eat at The kettle for supper and for breakfast. The food was very good and the service was great.

I had the crabcake sandwich and it was delicious. My husband had the herb roasted chicken and roasted potatoes and said it was quite good.

They had a large breakfast menu that would satisfy most appetites.

Reviewed June 25, 2007

The food was some of the best I had on my two week vacation through 5 different states. We have a family of six and all of our plates were filled with plenty of food and all were cooked perfectly. Good fresh home-style cooking. That's hard to find especially in the Los Angeles area. The service was friendly and the food was served within 15 minutes. We were lucky to find a front parking spot, but I can see how that might be a problem, the area is very busy. I’d walk 5 blocks to eat there again.