“A bit pricey, but worth it!”
Review of Rock'N Fish

Rock'N Fish
Reserve with OpenTable
Rock'N Fish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Manhattan Ave.
Transit: Ocean Express free trolley service is available from the LAX area to various stops around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
Estes Park, Colorado
“A bit pricey, but worth it!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

On one of the busiest weekends of the year, Labor Day, we had lunch at the very busy Rock'N Fish in Manhattan Beach. Hoping for a table by the open window overlooking the beach and sidewalk, our party of three had a 20-minute wait. Our bar tab for one Bud Light draft, one mojito and one glass of Pinot Grigio was $27! But our wait paid off, as we were seated after only about ten minutes at our desired table. We shared the Rock'N spinach and artichoke dip appetizer, which was served with tortilla chips and salsa. For her meal, my wife had the giant coconut prawns from the appetizer menu, beautifully presented on a bed of pineapple beurre blanc (looked like cole slaw to me). Our dining companion had the Mediterranean grilled vegetable sandwich. And I had the oak-grilled blackened salmon sandwich, made on a French roll, with a side of cole slaw. If I were to order this sandwich again, I would opt for the wheat or sesame seed brioche instead of the French roll, as my sandwich became very messy with the roasted tomatoes, arugula and caramelized onions slipping and sliding around on the melted Havarti cheese. The portion sizes were ample (my wife felt "stuffed" after her meal), and the presentation was appealing. For a quick lunch during our day at the beach, it was a bit pricey...but worth it!

• Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Connecticut
“Avoid the Cajun/New Orleans Themed Dishes”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Being a native of New Orleans, I got excited when I saw some favorite New Orleans cuisine such as gumbo, jambalaya, BBQ Shrimp and popcorn shrimp on their menu. Unfortunately, my excitement turned to disgust when I ordered the popcorn shrimp and BBQ Shrimp. Both were so horrible and so NOT even close to being authentic that I couldn't even finish them. The chef needs to take a trip to New Orleans to eat these dishes firsthand to see how far off the mark he is...or he needs to change the name of them. The "BBQ Shrimp" was so greasy and so unnecessarily spicy, combined with sweet sticky spice...just horribly gross.

My husband had the king crab legs which were fine and a teriyaki chicken dish which was OK. The spicy mac 'n cheese was good. Based on this and the fact that their menu is huge, I'm giving them an average rating on food because I assume you can find some edible items on the menu. We did not have dessert.

Service was not the best...the waitress was young and not very attentive. Water glasses weren't refilled quickly enough and worst of all, our entrees were brought out while my husband was still eating his appetizer!!!! When I expressed my displeasure, they asked if I wanted the dishes held in the kitchen. No, we don't want our entrees sitting in the kitchen getting cold. We want a chef who understands timing and we want our entrees fresh and delivered at the right time. The staff didn't even seem to understand that this was all wrong because they're young & clueless. Finally, parking is a real pain in this town...you might have to drive around for quite a while to find a spot.

The restaurant was busy so it seems popular with the locals and my guess is that it's perfectly fine for drinks and bar food. Just lower your expectations and don't go there expecting fine dining...and trust me, do NOT order any of the New Orleans inspired dishes!

“Pretty Darn Good”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had the Shrimp Scampi and Macadamia Crusted Mahi Mahi. Both were quite good. The shrimp were large and just a touch overcooked - the tails were hard to get off, but the flavor and texture were just fine. The Mahi Mahi was beautiful and cooked just right.
The sides were quite good, as was the the service. The place was very busy and we ate at the bar.
Over all, the food was good, the service was good, and the prices were fair. I'd call it a good value for the area.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Better than it looked”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

When I first saw this place, I thought it was a dive bar. I think that's actually a design feature, as the place is anything but. It's a cozy little spot right off the beach and pier, and despite the worn down look of the outside as noted above and in the picture, it's a very nice restaurant with a commendable menu and drink selection.

It's focus it of course seafood, but they seemed to have some other creative entrees, but on the suggestion of our waitress (who was very attentive), myself and a friend both got the swordfish. I'm from New England, so I feel like I can judge fish quality and she recommended it for this reason, and it was very delicious, cooked well, and was a great suggestion.

Overall, the vibe and decor of the place was surprisingly upscale (not white tablecloth of course), but again not what I expected considering the outside. It seemed like a happening place to be, and I bet it's a local favorite for foodies and others alike.

If I were from around here, I think this would be my go-to place for a good dinner, date, or just to hang out at the bar.

Kuna, Idaho
“Food and Service was Fantastic!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Went there for the first time last week. Was probably the best Steak I have had in awhile in the Newport/Laguna area. Our server was full of energy and great overall. The lady Manager that was there was great and made sure we were happy with our experience there. This is place is a very easy "5 star" rating. And yes the Navy Grog drink is outstanding and good bang for the buck.

• Visited July 2012