“Poor customer service. Bad experience.”

Olive Garden Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 194 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Recently we had been to an Olive Garden up north and had a good experience, so we decided to try the MB location. I ordered early in the day since I was expecting guests for dinner and I wanted to pick up dinner. I wanted the food ready at 4:45pm and I called in about 1pm. I was waiting for my food for thirty minutes. After sigining the credit card receipt, three different people came up to me to ask me if I've been helped. One of them being a manager. This is the part that kills me, NOT one of them came back to tell me the status of my order after disappearing into the kitchen. After requesting a different manager, the same one comes back after my food magically appears and then my order was missing some items to top it off. He apologized and offered some dessert, but it didn't seem sincere at all. I have a feeling they apologize a little too often at this location and he was just saying what he needed to say. He did throw in some dessert, but I was already very irritated with my experience. The food was fine. Would I go back? Probably not. Ordering take-out should be a lot easier. By the way, the order was only for 4 people and 2 kids. It wasn't a huge order, but it turned out to be a HUGE hassle. .

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We visited twice and it is an Olive Garden so you know what to expect.

Food was good and so was service and value for money.

We do not have Olive Gardens back home so it is a novelty for us I suppose, and we always seek one out when in the USA.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nothing healthy on the menu - even on the "healthier choices menu". The waiter got the order completely wrong, did not listen at all. Then talked my husband into buying some kind of club card and wound up billing us for the wrong meals he brought to my daughter and I and the meals we actually ordered. When I pointed this out he argued with me and said it was removed. He brought my husband a new credit card bill while I was in the ladies' room and it was ANOTHER bill! So we were billed over $250 total for 3 of us to eat dinner and we are not huge eaters. Just regular meals. He argued again when I asked him to fix it. I went to the manager livid by this time, she (was great by the way) said she had this problem before with that waiter and wound up crediting back the mistakes and a good portion of our meals (very classy of her considering how annoying the while thing was for our first time at this resturaunt). BUT - It took 7 days for the $250 charges to be removed from the card. She did apologize and the waiter never did. I think for the prices the food is not worth it at all and the service is for sure not worth any amount. Except the manager was great.

1  Thank JuliK222
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Food is bland but plentiful. Atmosphere is loud and service is fair. However, it's usually very busy and big families seem to like it.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I know that the Olive Garden is a chain but every time I have eaten at one throughout the USA is has been consistently good. The bread is just to die for and what I call their "sausage soup" is some of the best soup I have had period. The portions are good and a nice place to take your family. Service is quick. Just a great place to eat whenever you see one.