“What did you say?!!! Huh...I can't hear you!...Why was I colder?!! Ohhh, what did I order?!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #13 of 192 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
south gate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

The food is above average, 16 bucks for a hamburger w/ fries. No free refills. Nice lighting and the bathrooms are very nice but the only really bad thing is the noise. I mean, it's as if you and your passanger lower the windows at freeway speeds (65mph), stick your head out the windows and start a conversation with each other.

To be honest, you might have a better conversation at freeway speeds than at houston's. Most of the time someone will say something across the table and all you will do is smile and knod because you just couldn't hear them.

Houston's....FIX THE NOISE POLLUTION PLEASE!!!

Seattle, Washington
“Bit overpriced imho”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

On a recent trip one in our party made reservations at Houston's for 8:30 pm. We arrived exactly on time but were told we had to wait about 20 minutes (even though there were a few tables empty and available). The hostess seemed to be less interested in making sure we had a good experience, didn't even suggest for us to wait at the bar. I used the restroom and when I came back to the hosting station, the hostess thanked me for my visit and wished me a nice evening, having totally forgotten that I had just been checking in with her 3 minutes before. Hmm.

After about 10 minutes we were seated. Service was quick and friendly, no problem here. Food was good, but a bit pricey in my opinion. A asian salad for 20, a burger for 20, ahi tuna rolls for 25 etc., Wine 10 and up.

But I guess it's an expensive area ? Surprise came when I asked for the check and the waiter had automatically added the tip on it. Not hidden, but boldly with a stamp informing me that the gratuity was already included. I could see this for a large group, but for 4 adults, one teen, this was a bit surprising. Not that I didn't think he deserved it, but I prefer to make the decision on my own, not having it made for me and forced on me so to say. Didn't see anything on the menu informing guests of this policy.

Overall food was fine, service was fine, but the prices and the hostess and tip issue just made it average for me.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank gcto20
Los Angeles
“Long wait but worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Waited 50 minutes to get in which is typical for a Friday night. Service was excellent, food was it's usual fresh and perfect quality and taste. Had Hawaiian Rib eye which was tender, juicy and flavorful. Definitely our place to go for special occasions.

Hawaii
“Yum, yum, yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had dinner, good value and delicious food. Wait staff very accommodating of our large and rather loud group!

Visited May 2013
“Great service, good food but a little loud.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Front house hostess, for seating, a little slow, but our server, Chris, he was very attentive. I would return for the great service. The food was good, we had spinach dip, fish and ribs. We were too full to try any dessert. If you are in the area this is the place to get great customer service.