Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
The Belamar Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
The Sea View Inn at the Beach(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$195
Crimson Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$101
Wave Hotel(Manhattan Beach)
$113
Hi View Inn & Suites(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$119
$278
$239
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Shade Hotel(Manhattan Beach)(Great Value!)
$399
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Hermosa(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Grandview Inn(Hermosa Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewshawthorn suitesunderground parkingsocial hoursmall kitchenettehot breakfasthash brownswine and beeryogurtwaffle makernice courtyardexcellent breakfastfree breakfasthappy hoursepulveda blvdbusy streetrooms are comfortablewould stay here again
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Finding a good hotel was tricky, because we wanted a hotel within walking distance of shops, clean (this is paramount for me), spacious and not too expensive.

The Hawthorne Suites was all this and more. The building is a sunny yellow colour, which instantly lifts your spirits as you walk in. All the rooms (on all 3 or so floors) open to a verandah with a sitting area on the ground level. The first thing I noticed when walking into the lobby for the first time was how clean it was. The rooms were tended with the same level of hygiene.

I was travelling with my sister and we had a huge bed and lots of space to spread our luggage. There was even a pull-out sofa for my friend to spend the night.

The staff were always very helpful. On our last day, after checking out we were able to keep our luggage downstairs until we were ready to leave for the airport for our night flight.

This was a find of a hotel and I loved staying there. It was extremely fantastic value for money and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I stayed at Hawthorn Suites in February 2010 and it was a very relaxing experience. Just walking into it, I could tell this hotel was exactly what I was looking for. The staff is friendly and willing to answer all of your questions. The rooms are up to date and are of high quality. The room itself had a very nice living and kitchen area that was modern and useful. The beds were very comfortable, and provided an exceptional night’s sleep. A nice touch was that the door to our room opened to a charming courtyard. There was also a beer/wine/cheese happy hour in the evening at no charge that was a pleasant surprise when most hotels are cutting out such “extras”. The price was shockingly reasonable for all the amenities and I would love to and plan in staying here again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2010

We booked one night at this hotel after arriving from a 7 night cruise. We needed a room in close proximity to the airport and would sleep 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 young children. Our room had two queens and a pull out couch plus a mini kitchenette. The hotel does not have a pool but it does have a lovely inner courtyard that is very peaceful. Across and up the street a little ways is a shopping mall for those who want to do a bit of shopping. The airport is about ten minutes away but we never felt like we were sitting on the runway which was great. I would definitely book here again for an overnight stay. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you want a hotel for a week to laze around the pool since there isn't one! If you are looking to go to the parks you would be better off staying in Anaheim or Buena Park but if you want to be close the airport then book this place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2010

If glitz and glamour are your goals when visiting MB, I would suggest staying somewhere else.
But, if you are interested in a clean reasonably priced hotel, then look no further than the Hawthorn Suites. Located on Sepulveda, it has great access to restaurants, beaches, and anything else a person may desire at the beach.
Clean rooms, a comfortable bed, and even a kitchenette are great ways to keep me coming back to any hotel, and Hawthorn Suites has this equation down.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank phil1985
Reviewed February 9, 2010

We are here on an extended stay and could not be more pleased. The entire staff is friendly and eager to assist.The suite has been quiet, clean, and has all the necessary amenities we could want. The location is well situated which makes it ideal for any type of shopping and dining. The layout is very nice . The indoor parking is a real plus with an elevator to take you right to the lobby or level of your room. We have no complaints and would not change a thing. For the dollars spent, this is perfect. We wish we would have known about this on past visits. The breakfast and social hour are a plus.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple