“Super Clean Motel, Close to Airport & Beach”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Manhattan Beach Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Miami, Florida
“Super Clean Motel, Close to Airport & Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2006

We stayed at this motel on the last night of our 16 day trip primarily because we wanted to be close to the airport. We checked in around 4PM and the girl at the front desk was very friendly and offered up dining recommendations which were great.

We reserved a ONE BEDROOM DELUXE KING SUITE which was great for me, my husband & 2 kids. It had a very comfy king size bed in the bedroom & a sofa bed in the living room. Two TVs and a kitchen. It had free WiFi which always had a great connection. They also have a service that you can email your documents from your laptop for printing or you can use the computer in the lobby with a printer connected to it. It was great for us since we were able to print our boarding passes.

The room & everything in it was super clean and looked quite new.

They offer a free hot breakfast which was better than I expected. The Manhattan Beach Pier is les than 5 mins. away & the airport is about 5 miles away.

Everything was perfect EXCEPT that I should have requested a room away from Sepulveda Ave. Our windows faced the street and the noise from traffic was clearly heard all night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again I would just make sure to get an off street room.

• Stayed June 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2006

I am extremely particular about the cleanliness of a hotel. I notice if there are crumbs or stains on the carpets, strands of hair on the bed or grout inbetween the bathroom tiles so whenever we travel I meticulously do my research on hotels available, reading review after review after review. The Hawthorne Suites is definitely a no frills hotel. You unload your own luggage and in the evenings the front desk person is housekeeping, concierge, reception all rolled into one. We checked in in the evening - after a 13 hour flight! - and we had to go back down to the front desk to pick up the crib for our daughter and also the bedsheets to make the sofa bed for our son. So, if service is what you are after, you are better off staying at one of the more upscale five star hotels. However, Hawthorne Suites passed my cleanliness standards and it was perfect for us as we were travelling with two small children. The breakfast was pretty good too. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, conveniently located hotel, then I would definitely recommend it. We will stay there again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed January 2006
8 Thank ringo99
Fairfield County, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2006

First the good: Free wireless, free parking, free hot breakfast, free beer, wine and cheese at night. Good location (Manhattan Beach is a few blocks away, LAX about 5 minutes). Once inside, courtyard is private and pleasant. Great prices.

Now the not so good: About 3 feet from very busy street. Barest rooms I've ever seen in a suite hotel; absolutely nothing homey: no silverware, no dishes, and the barest of toiletries. No pool or jacuzzi. But all in all, a great bargain for the price, and a much better place to stay than the normal LAX hotels.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank Emerson_Golden
Sunshine Coast Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

Clean, Quiet, Dark rooms-excellent as we arrived after travelling for 17 hours and needed to rest. Very spacious rooms-comfortable beds. Breakfast was a little boring but great when you are hungry. Very convenient location.
Will definately come back.

• Stayed December 2005
2 Thank neadzil
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2005

I stayed for ten days while on vacation. I am from the area and know my way around. I was not at all perturbed by the entrance and exit for parking as a previous poster was; new properties in Los Angeles have no choice but to build in such a manner. So the entrance to parking is "off a busy street." Sepulveda/Pacific Coast Hwy is a main thoroughfare. What is remarkable is that in my room on the far side of the property, I heard no traffic noise whatsoever. I could hear the low din of my neighbor's television set better than I could hear traffic. Easily remedied by turning on the AC fan.

Clean, quiet, convenient . . . I experienced no customer service problems (in fact, the night clerk carried a heavy box of books to my room for me when I arrived). I found staff friendly. I bought my own coffee filters and bought some Starbucks coffee because I hate Maxwell House. I found my own utensils at a fast food place. Having a refrigerator was convenient. Free wireless internet made my time alone much more productive. I was entirely pleased with what I got for the price and will stay at this property again when I return in the winter to visit friends!

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank Schotzy
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2005

The Hawthorn Suites in Manhattan Beach is an extremely clean hotel. My brother and I stayed in a queen suite which had plenty of living space. The room included a fully equipped kitchenette. Our room also included complimentary high speed Internet access - both Wireless & Hard wire! The courtyard was beautiful and breakfast was awsome. Plenty of parking. The service was excellent with a courteous staff - Very Well Trained. Did i mention? the pier is less then 1 mile away! *Do Not Let The Previous Post's Turn You Away From This Hotel* - This Hotel is Definitely A+!*

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2005

I was hesitant at first after reading two of the reviews from two prior people. We arrived at the hotel and had no problem checking in. The staff at the desk were knowledgeable about were to go and what to do, they were friendly and very helpful. The rooms had just what we needed, and we didn’t get nickel and dimed for using the internet, parking and a having a great breakfast in the morning. The beds are extremely comfortable. The hotel met all our needs and I would recommend it to everybody. After staying at the hotel, I didn’t experience any of the problems the other two people are claiming. They must have gotten out on the wrong side of the bed.

• Stayed August 2005