The half terrible location is based on its location on the street. First, Google misidentifies its location on the East side. It is actually on the West side of the street. Second, it is so easy to miss, it is not easy. I probably circled twice around until I found it. Third, all the lights at the cross-sections are terribly long, so if you come down the wrong street, you will be waiting forever to get back into the right. Fourth, traffic on this road is quite heavy, so getting out of the garage (which is a hazard in and of itself because it is so easy to miss that there is an exit and there is no warning that there might be exiting traffic) is quite difficult.
The half GOOD of the location is that you are within a 5 minute drive of the beach and you are in an affluent area with a lot of good businesses within walking distance.
Complementary breakfast was pretty good, but just the standard stuff you'd expect.
Complementary cookies and fruit are provided at checkin.
Entrances to the room are outdoor (similar to a motel), as opposed to indoor with hallways. Worked out since the weather was fine when I stayed, but keep this in mind if traveling during colder months.
The rooms are very comfortable with a mini-kitchenette and fridge.
Bathrooms are spacious and the shower is very good. Sink is separated from the toilet/shower area.
Electrical ports are a bit hard to come by.
WiFi was strong and fast.
The free parking garage is not terrible. It is under the hotel which is nice, and the spaces are all very wide. The entrance needs to be taken very slow and it is tight and hard to see entering traffic.
Only glaring negative with the hotel is that the keys automatically shutdown at 10:45. Checkout is at 11:00am, which is actually early by today's standards (most hotels now do 12:00pm). I was moving my stuff to and from the garage, thankfully my friend was still in the room because at 10:45 my keys stopped working and I had my friend open the door. Very odd. This needs to be addressed.
Another negative is the cancellation time. Even booking through their website, the cancellation window is up until 48 hours out. The norm for most chain hotels is 24 hours.
Another negative is that the room is prepaid the second you order it on the website. Yes, if you cancel outside of the 48 hour window you are refunded 100%, but most (non Vegas) hotels that you book through the hotels' websites don't charge you until after you stay.
Would I stay here again? No. I think there are plenty more options in the area at a similar price that have better vehicular access and better policies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to enjoy a fresh, new hotel experience were our motto is Live Well, Sleep Easy. Situated in the heart of fashionable Manhattan Beach, our contemporary studio and one-bedroom suites offer the cozy ambiance of residential living in Southern California's relaxing beach culture. NOW WITH EVEN FASTER DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD SPEED. EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Manhattan Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Los Angeles Hotel Manhattan Beach
- Hawthorn Suites Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach Hawthorn Suites