“meelstorm”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Melbourne, Australia
“meelstorm”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 nights on the last leg of our US trip. I specifically chose this hotel because of its proximity to the beach and I was not disappointed. It only took me about 5-10 minutes to drive to the pier station. You could definitely walk, but I would not recommend walking if you have a child below 5 yrs.

We checked-in Friday evening after driving 4.5 hours from Las Vegas, so I was really tired. To my surprise, this hotel has a medium couch and a sort of a divider between the bedroom and small living room. I also loved the fact that there's a small fridge and separate table for my computer where I could comfortably surf the net.

The only negative thing I experienced about this hotel was the service I got from the evening staff manning the front desk. I needed to buy something late in the evening and asked the front desk guy if there's any 24-hour convenience store near the area and he said there's none. The following morning, when I drove out of the hotel, I saw a Walgreens just about 2 mins away and it's open 24 hours. You could imagine how I felt! I hope the management could do something about that guy. It's a pity I didn't get his name. I could have reported him to the management. I would understand if he's new to the job but he could at least try to ask or surf the net to search for something, right?

But overall, we had a nice stay here. I'd definitely book this hotel again for any future trip to LA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank meelstorm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
CALABASAS
Reviewed January 19, 2013

"Day" at the front desk could not have been more accommodating. The room and common areas were immaculate. However, the rooms don't have good sound insulation, and anyone walking outside on the tiles is very noisy, which someone did at 4:30 am.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

FINDLAY
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Everything was fine with this visit -- room was very comfortable and I would recommend highly.

One thing to be aware of is that their parking garage is under the hotel. Leaving the garage and exiting onto the street is a little tricky as well since exit is going up a hill -- hard to see traffic coming from the left.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel

Property: Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
Address: 1817 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266-2901 (Formerly Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Manhattan Beach)
Location: United States > California > Manhattan Beach
#2 Business Hotel in Manhattan Beach
#4 Family Hotel in Manhattan Beach
Hotel Class:3 star — Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel 3*
We invite you to enjoy a fresh, new hotel experience were our motto is Live Well, Sleep Easy. Situated in the heart of fashionable Manhattan Beach, our contemporary studio and one-bedroom suites offer the cozy ambiance of residential living in Southern California's relaxing beach culture. NOW WITH EVEN FASTER DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD SPEED. EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Los Angeles Hotel Manhattan Beach