“Clean and comfortable”

Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Manhattan Beach
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Everything was new and clean which was nice and they offered wine, beer, cheese and crackers in the evening for free which was lovely. I must admit we woke to late for the breakfast but they gave some milk to have some cereal which was also quite kind. The only thing that was not great was the room air conditioning it didn't seem to work well, the closeness to the elevator and people coming in and out was also not great. The only other thing was that the front desk girl seemed to very unhappy to be at work, didn't smile once and it seemed like we were a bit annoying for her. Oh also internet was very slow. These are all quite minor though and overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 11, 2011

Close to LAX, Manhattan Beach and shopping center! Really enjoyed free Internet and their hot breakfast, especially fresh waffle from the maker and thin/crisp bacon. The hotel staff were extraordinary; one time I had some problems but the staff, especially the manager, helped me as family usually do; I really appreciated it. Hotel rate was reasonable, compared to others. I will definitely stay there when I visit LA again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank sp676cu
Reviewed April 3, 2011

This hotel is only 5 miles from LAX; lovely rooms; underground parking; a unique room setup where the hotel is enclosed around a open-air courtyard; a very good hot breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank rjr1012
Reviewed March 21, 2011

If you have any other choice of hotel, I'd go with that. The original room we had a comfortable bed. Unfortunately, we asked to move because the room next to us was noisy. The room we moved to was quiet, but the beds were saggy. Everyone else raved about the breakfast here, but we thought it was the worst buffet breakfast of any hotel we had stayed. The waffles were good, but there wasn't much choice beyond that. The hotel staff was friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible. This hotel is close to LAX, but you need to drive to get to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank dlnappy
HawthornSuitesMB, Manager at Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Your input greatly matters and is highly appreciated. I would like to apologize that you experienced a problem with your bed, but please in the future inform the hotel staff and we will be sure to have the matter corrected. I am happy to hear that your encounters with all the hotel staff members were good; we strive to provide the best customer service possible for all of our guests. We do offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet every morning which includes: Waffles, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Hash browns, Fruit, Yogurt, Hot and Cold cereals, Bagels, Pastries, and we also have 24hr Coffee and Cappuccino to all of our guests. If there is a specific item that you would like to see added to our breakfast buffet, please feel free to contact me directly at ben@hawthornsuites-lax.com

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Very enjoyable hotel with a small central courtyard. Clean, tidy and well kept. Friendly staff. Free parking. Decent breakfast that's also included. Easy walk or run to the beach, which is one of the nicest beaches in Southern California. Unless you're needing to be near Hollywood or Disneyland, this is a great location. I stayed here for a week and found it to be ideal. Also close to LAX but without airplane noise.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank MarkWing
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This was the second hotel we stayed at over the weekend (the first was the Holiday Inn La Mesa). It was more expensive and looked to be comparable quality. Unfortunately there were many things that were slightly off. We stayed in a suite, which was large and obviously set up for a business traveller (there was an office chair on the kitchen side of a low counter). Although we didn't use the kitchen there was a full-size refrigerator and a new high-end stove. The bathroom was large and included a large closet. The bed was reasonably comfortable, though harder than I was expecting and was fairly short (not much longer than 6ft). The single-serve coffee maker had a cord so short that I couldn't find a plug it would reach. The closest plug was too high. When I woke up in the morning I found the kitchen counter covered in ants. I spent 5-10 minutes killing them and cleaning my bags that I had left there. The complementary hot breakfast was edible but nothing you would go out of your way for. The eggs were a little dried out, the bacon a little floppy (and I don't like crispy bacon), the sausage was okay. It was filling but I can't even say it was good. And the worker who came in to clean up was somewhat unfriendly. We kept comparing this hotel with the Holiday Inn (which was homey and welcoming and did everything right). I can say that the front desk clerk Saturday night was great. Friendly, quick, and funny. It's not a horrible or bad hotel, just not up to par for the price and what it should be. I would recommend it to a friend, but with explanation.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank CountessAwesome
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Where to begin... The sign in front tilts about 15 degees off level which advertises this hotel's strategy: 'Yeah.. anyone can see this sign is way off, but we really don't care about keeping things maintained around here.' Carpets - pretty grungy, needs replacement. Faucet hot and cold installed backward. Lights: unusual color - try the newer techonly florecent bulbs. Couch - we put the blanket over it to cover up the rips. Closed caption TV - always on and no way to turn it off. Interesting. Refrigerator - what was that funky odor? Try some bleach once in a while. Pillows - firmest I've ever laid on. QuickCrete comes to mind. Location - Fantastic. Near to everything. Counter top - greasy from the start. Yuck. Staff - very freindly. Homeless lady that wandered in the lobby... no so much.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FredC090
HawthornSuitesMB, Manager at Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you for taking the time from your schedule to notify us of your experience at the Hawthorn Suites, I would like to apologize for your stay being less than perfect and not meeting your expectations. Our guest suites are cleaned daily, and we pride ourselves on cleanliness here at the Hawthorn Suites. I apologize that you experienced some issues with your guest room, but in the future, if you have any troubles or issues with your guest suite, please inform the staff and we will be happy to accommodate and do whatever it takes to correct the problem. I am happy to inform you that we have just recently gone through an extensive remodel this January, including all new carpeting, paint, and HD Televisions in all of our guest suites. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manhattan Beach
Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX/Manhattan Beach
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Best Western Plus Manhattan Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!