“Balcony View”

Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: Down at the beach, overlooking the Pacific Ocean,The Strand House rises elegantly and iconically above the breakers. Like in an oceanfront home, friends become family and strangers become friends.
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Phil our waiter was awesome. ..duo beef was my order. Amazing food service and drinks. Started at the bar then made our way to the seats on the balcony. Be sure to get the oyster appetizers! !

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Dined here during an overnight stopover in LA. Managed to walk off the street at around 5.30pm and get a table, which was lucky as after we were seated we saw many others being turned away.

Decided on a casual meal of woodfired pizza, which was delicious. We followed this up with a shared dessert of donuts - small but tasty! The meal was accompanied by a couple of cocktails (I recommend the Dark Mountain Storm!) and a glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc/Californian Pinot Noir.

We had a great meal, with great views & excellent service & would definitely return.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I am not acquainted to being unwelcome - upon our arrival, we were made to feel exactly that though. The food was good, the appetisers delicious and the desserts quirky (doughnuts in an upmarket restaurant!). Go for the view, but don't be disappointed if your waiter ignores you and you wait for over an hour to place your order for your main course.
There are plenty of restaurants in the proximity if you want equally good food (better even?), but it's an experience and the local produce they offer as well as the mentioned location justify the prices.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at The Strand House during my visit to SoCal. I stayed in Santa Monica and decided to make the drive to Manhattan Beach and am pleased that I did!

ARRIVAL
My reservation was for 2:15PM on a Tuesday afternoon. Upon arrival I received a warm greeting from the hostess and was escorted to my table shortly thereafter. I was seated at the window to enjoy the wonderful view of the beach.

AMBIENCE
Understated elegance, yet relaxed and cool. A perfect blend of sophistication and sunshine!

SERVICE
The server was kind and most accommodating. The entree I desired had two sides that I do not eat. The server checked with the chef and assured me that he would prepare my desired entree with suitable sides.

DRINKS + ENTREE
I started with the ORCHARD ORANGE which was a refreshing cocktail with a slight hint of citrus - perfect! I selected the HANGER STEAK for my entree and the chef prepared such with a side of fresh steamed vegetables. The steak arrived overcooked, but the chef prepared it once more medium. The green peppercorn sauce that was served with the steak was wonderful. I paired the steak with a glass of Zin.

OVERALL
This is a wonderful restaurant! Lovely view, attentive staff and divine cuisine. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food was wonderful, service was great but it was a little pricey. Be prepared to dig into your wallet a bit. Guess you are paying for ambience of the beach and Manhattan Pier. It was definitely worth it !