“Donuts are THE BEST”

Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: Down at the beach, overlooking the Pacific Ocean,The Strand House rises elegantly and iconically above the breakers. Like in an oceanfront home, friends become family and strangers become friends.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I really enjoyed the whole experience at The Strand House. The view of Manhattan Beach Pier was lovely and the starter and entree were both delicious. However, I was really there for the donuts. I visited on the recommendation of some local colleagues and they told me I had to try them. Well, they couldn't have been more right. I love love LOVED them! The Tahitian vanilla and salted caramel were my favorite. Definitely worth making a trip to Manhattan Beach if you're in the L.A. area!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I had a friend in town from NY who wanted a beach meal in the South Bay before they flew out of LAX the next morning.

I opted for the Strand House and asked for table by the window to see the beach.

We had the bread roll to start (amazing!). I had the pizza and my friend had the fish catch of the day. Both were good and the price was right. I was expecting it to be more expensive given the location in MB.

I definitely recommend for a quick dinner or a business dinner. We went on the early side (6pm) but it was packed by the time we left.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We took my mom to brunch at the Strand House for Mother's Day and had a wonderful time. We sat on the patio overlooking the ocean which was beautiful. The food was great, service was great, I don't have anything bad to say about the meal. Would recommend it to everyone!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I did not eat here, however I enjoyed amazing service from the bartender whom I discussed wine with. This is the first place I have ever seen Opus One on the by the glass menu. I do live in Indiana, but travel quite a bit. Bravo for this! During my brief visit it was a hot and white wine was on my mind. Great samples and recommendations were offered with no pressure! I look forward to having a meal here in the future!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The staff here is amazing and food was glorious! The view was amazing on the pation and everything was just perfect for lunch. I will definatley be back on my next trip to LA! Thank you for everything.