“Outstanding service, great food, view and ambiance”
Review of The Strand House

The Strand House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: Down at the beach, overlooking the Pacific Ocean,The Strand House rises elegantly and iconically above the breakers. Like in an oceanfront home, friends become family and strangers become friends.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Travelling on business and had some time to kill before a redeye flight back east. Showed up alone and without reservation on a Friday evening and was greeted warmly and professionally by women at front desk, given choice of bar or table to dine. They accomodated my request to move tables without question. Great selection of wines by the glass. Enjoyed a pasta starter with bay scallops and mushrooms in a delicious broth (would have liked to see more scallops and mushrooms though). Main course braised short rib was very rich, smoky and yummy. The manager Michael checked in and made sure I was happy. Very polished restaurant!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great find on drive in from disneyland to the coast....great view, good food and friendly staff....made our day!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Crowded and busy, but great food and ambiance. The whole family from 9 yrs to 48 enjoyed it immensely.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The food here was very good and service matched. It has a great view of the waterfront. We had lunch and enjoyed a nice glass of wine while people watching.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had brunch here with about 10 people. Everyone seemed to enjoy their food and its got a very good view of the beach and the ocean. However, they ran out of one of the key ingredients in the dish that I ordered, and instead of just telling me this they brought me my food along with everyone else with something else substituted in for the key ingredient. I guess they hoped I wouldn't notice. They did let me order something else, but I had to wait while everyone else ate. They could have saved themselves and me some trouble if they just told me to begin with.