“Everything you could want....and more!”
Review of The Strand House

The Strand House
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ocean Drive
Description: Down at the beach, overlooking the Pacific Ocean,The Strand House rises elegantly and iconically above the breakers. Like in an oceanfront home, friends become family and strangers become friends.
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This restaurant offers you everything - beautiful views, stylish decor, fun and lively vibe, fantastic service and delicious food and drinks. I indulged in the brunch menu with assistance from the very attentive and knowledgeable Eric and Harmony. I started with the duck confit benedict which I had never had or even seen on a menu before - a phenomenal taste sensation. I followed this with the Hamachi Crudo (yellowtail), delicious yet light, accompanied by a glass of the Patient Cottat 2010 Sancerre. I then loved the beet salad (finally overcoming my beet-phobia!), the beet blending perfectly with the goats cheese and bacon. Finally I sampled a few of the cheeses (excellent range), particularly the epoisses and the San Andreas, and some charcuterie. My only disappointment was that I did not have time (or room!) to indulge in one of their very appetizing desserts with the black and white bread pudding and the glazed doughnuts particularly catching my eye. This was without doubt one of the best meals and restaurant experiences I have ever had. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. A very big thank you to Eric and Harmony (and Stephen on an earlier visit). I can also highly recommend a trip to the bar downstairs and a big thank you also to Heather, Ty, Adam, Christina and the rest of the team for taking such great care of me and my friends.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great picture window overlooking the pier/water, which is oddly kind of rare in SoCal. Nice vibe with modern decor... food is fine but not really special. Good for drinks/view...

Reviewed March 27, 2012

The sunset here is off the charts. The servers are so sweet and attentive, both men and women. the bar is great for families with kids during the day with sofas to lounge on and room for those Manhattan Beach mom's and their strollers and then bottle service at night!
The food is pricey, but worth every penny. the lamb is to die for and the BREAKFAST pizza and Eggs Bene cant be beat!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

My wife, daughter, and I had a very enjoyable dining experience at the Strand. They have a very diverse menu with a good selection of seafood items. I really enjoyed my scallops, prepared with some very tasty sauces on the side. My wife thought her mushroom pizza was delcious. Our waitstaff was quite attentive and pleasant. The only downside was that it was very noisy.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I went to the Strand House just so I could watch the sunset while enjoying my dinner. It has a great atmosphere and the homemade pepperoni pizza was wonderful.