“AWESOME fish tacos!!”

Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 191 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Minnesota
“AWESOME fish tacos!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I travel to LA on business and stopped in on Fish Taco Tuesday. We tried multiple and all were awesome. Came back on a second trip and my colleague landed about 1 hr before me. I had him take a taxi to Fish Bar and bring some takeouts back to airport since we had a supplier dinner to go directly to. Couldn't resist having some fish tacos while in LA

• Visited January 2014

Novato, California
“Best Clam Chowder”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We rented a house in Manhattan Beach for the week and Fish Bar was within walking distance of our El Porto rental. Even though it was a Sunday night, we were seated right away (5 people). The waitress was very friendly and it was a nice lively, but not too loud, atmosphere.

The kids menu is adequate: in addition to the usual chicken strips and grilled cheese, they also offer grilled or fried shrimp or grilled or fried fish. Nice portion size for the kids.

My husband had the ahi tuna fish tacos - very good! We are kind of fish taco snobs, but this one did not disappoint. I wasn't very hungry, so I just ordered a bowl of the clam chowder and a wedge salad. The clam chowder was really very good. Could possibly be the best clam chowder I have ever had, or at least the second best. One of my daughters had the fish and chips and she reported that it was good, but not great. I can't remember what my other daughter had, but she had no complaints either.

The dessert was memorable - a cinnamon roll topped with a caramel pecan ice cream from Manhattan Beach Creamery. I didn't have any, but my husband was talking about that dessert for days.

All in all a great meal. We had hoped to come back for Taco Tuesday and Lobster Wednesday, but our vacation took us to different parts of LA for dinner, so we couldn't make it back. This would be a great place to catch a big game (there are several tv's and our visit coincided with World Cup play, so it was always pretty crowded whenever we walked by).

Manhattan Beach, California
“One of the Best in Manhattan Beach”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We live in Manhattan Beach & eat at the Fishbar weekly. Anything one orders is great but we love the Clam Chowder. They do not take reservations & usually a wait of 30 minutes or more after 5:00 pm. They are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Great service, food & atmosphere.

1 Thank SOCal71
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Great Fish Tacos!!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Visiting from out of state, we wanted to find great food and cool atmospheres in SoCal. This was our first meal in the area, and now nearly a week into our trip, it has still yet to be beat! The food was delicious and served to us in no time by a great staff. The fish tacos were by far the best I've ever had and the crab dip appetizer was also quite excellent. For our late dinner is was a loud scene in a relatively small space which we loved, but I mention it because some may prefer a quieter place.

Sydney, Australia
“Great place to dine and have a few ales”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

A friend and myself visited the Fishbar whilst in LA.

When we arrived they were full, however they took my name, number and advised their would be a 45min wait. We found a bar in the opposite street to wait it out and have a beer. I received an SMS to advise my reservation was logged. At the 35 min mark I received an SMS to advise a table was available.

The food and atmosphere was of a good standard, however the bar was a little cramped.

I will return next time in LA.