“4 star food, 3 star ambiance”

Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fishbar Manhattan Beach Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 196 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me: Hey babe, lets go check out a restaurant that that would otherwise be busy during the dinner hour on Superbowl Sunday!
Hubby: Sure, pick a spot.

Wife fail. Maybe I should have spent more time reading up on FishBar before having my genius idea. We asked our friends to meet us at FishBar to grab oysters and when I arrived first, I couldn't ask them to turn around and head back to Bwood/SM. So yes, for those of you that didn't know, FishBAR is a sports bar...as in, tons of flat screens everywhere with blaring speakers showing the game. I'm such a dummy. But regardless of the hectic environment, we nabbed a seat and I didn't experience the bad services that some have mentioned. The hostess was great and so was our server. In fact, she apologized for how crazy it was. Totally not her fault and not a big deal in the end!

So we ordered:

Oysters (2 dozen) - I liked them. I think my friends did too. Kinda wish they had more toppings for it though.
Steamed clams - Really delicious. Wish they gave more bread to dip it in that heavenly sauce.
Lobster tacos - Just okay...
Clam chowder - My least favorite. It was not good. I never had clam chowder that tasted so sweet. It didn't belong and I couldn't finish the soup. Bummer.

So their prices for oysters can't be beat and it tasted fresh! I'm not into sports bar though so I don't think I will return. Others who don't mind it, go here!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went with some work colleagues. Funky divey vibe. Lobster tacos were out of this world. Huge beautiful bloody marys. Work the trek if you are in the area. Not a huge place, but a medium sized group shouldn't have an issue.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a mid-week late lunch here.

Good, fresh food, friendly service and awesome desserts.

Lots of parking nearby

Reviewed January 24, 2013

No amount of words can say enough about the Fish Bar! The food is scrumptious and SOOO reasonable! Fresh fish, including sea bass, swordfish, mahi mahi, and the BEST filet mignon (a petit 6 oz) for only $19.99!! Fish dishes are fresh; different specials are offered each day, and all are very reasonably priced. The crowd is lively, and they have the best happy hour around where appetizers and drinks are only a couple of bucks. The staff, servers, cooks, and the owner are wonderful people. Service is first class. This place rocks!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came here for the first time and we immediatly liked it.
Nothing superfancy but food was very good, wine list had great for by the glass choices.
One negative point were the parking options even if we're lucky to find a spot in the public parking on the other side of the street.
We'll defintely come back when in the area.