“Yumm, Yumm, Yumm”

Second Story - Hotel Belamar
Reserve with OpenTable
Second Story - Hotel Belamar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 197 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rosecrans
Transit: Metro Bus stop location on the corner of Rescans & Sepulveda...directly in front of the hotel.
Description: Don’t just go out to eat, go for the total experience! Start with our amazing menu comprised of Americana inspired comfort food with a twist. Relish in our custom hand-crafted drinks, carefully selected wine menu from around the globe and fantastic happy hour with $4 wells and drafts from 4:00pm -7:00pm daily. Take in our striking mid-century modern decor and finally realize the savings with prices you can actually afford! Second Story Restaurant is sure to become your favorite new "hidden" hot spot in the heart of Manhattan Beach! FREE Valet parking is provided.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were here for happy hour (delish appetizers) and breakfast! We should have had dinner here, too! Loved the ambiance and the staff was great!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I had been looking forward to eating at the Second Story due to positive reviews and their menu. We had restaurant reservations for 7:30; arrived around 7. We were surprised that there wasn't a hostess stand, or a hostess to seat us, and the restaurant was very small. It is primarily a bar with tables for dining scattered throughout. We were able to catch the attention of a waitress who eventually seated us, the farthest away from the bar where there was a boisterous birthday party going on. I hadn't felt well all day, so I settled for the shrimp bisque and market salad. Both were very good. I am a huge fan of bread pudding, so I had to try theirs. It was excellent; highly recommended. It would of been a perfect evening, had it not been for the noisy bar crowd (I could barely hear myself talk) or the cold temperature in the room. I would go back, but never again on a Friday night.

1  Thank rrqueen
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Four of us went on a Sunday and we had a wonderful experience. Second Story has happy hour deal on Sundays from 4-10, and you get to choose from a bunch of menu items for half price.

We actually had a hard time deciding what to order because everything sounded so good.

The restaurant was pretty empty at ~6pm, so the service was excellent.

Beer selection was pretty good, desserts were awesome, and the food was delicious. All in all a great experience and we will be returning again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ate at the Second Story three evenings in a row, which is quite unusual for me, but was dictated by events in this particular case... I tried the New York strip, the halibut and the spicy picanha, all three were great but the picanha in particular we to die for. The restaurant has a nice, trendy design and atmosphere. Service was good in general although it sometimes took some effort to get the bill at the end of the dinner - I almost felt I was in Europe... But this is a minor detail. Overall this is a really nice restaurant offering very good value for money.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

There are shared tables and upholstered banquettes, and a private area with couches - so you have the choice of dining privately or sharing with others. My dinner was great, my martini was great, and the next morning's breakfast buffet was great, too. It's a pleasant surprise that a one-off hotel would have such good food on site. A gem, I recommend checking it out.