“Great Food and Great People”

Darren's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Darren's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 192 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Manhattan Beach Blvd
Arlington, TX
“Great Food and Great People”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was on a business trip and someone local to the area suggested Darren's. She had followed the owner from another restaurant that he had worked at and said that whenever she and her husband were in Manhattan Beach, they ate at Darren's. Since she is a foodie, I was expecting something pretty good. What I had was the best salmon I've EVER eaten. And that's not an exaggeration! It was thick, moist tender and the preparation was flawless. Others in our party had the pork tenderloin special and the short ribs and everyone was more than pleased. As we were getting ready to leave, the owner came over and asked us how we liked it and it was obvious that he really cared about delighting his patrons and that he loves to cook. Our waitress was excellent as well. She was helpful and attentive but not overbearing and she had a great sense of humor (which played well with some of the characters that were in our party). I don't get to Manhattan Beach very often but when I do go back, Darren's will definitely be a stop!

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“All round excellence”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great atmosphere great food great service - perhaps a little pricey. It's was my second visit on two business trips to LA. I will certainly return as the chef really does put an excellent choice and superbly tasty food in front of you.

• Visited April 2013
manhattan beach, california
“sweet treat”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For a laid back beach restaurant Darrens is one that will dazzle you with food, wine, and service. Indulge at their full service bar, romantic table dining, or European style sidewalk seating.

• Visited April 2013
So Cal
“Nice place, good food and excellent service at Darren's”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went there last night for the first time and was pleased with the overall experience. The place is small so a reservation is a must. If you like noise and tight space then you will love the inside dining room, opt for the covered front patio (still crowded) to escape the noise and watch the action on the MB street. I had the Cheese and Arrugula salad that was nothing special but the presentation was good and the flavors were great. For my main course i chose the Beef Short Ribs with Gorgonzola, polenta and hazernuts which was spectacular. I have had many Short Rib entrees over the years and have to say that this is my number 1 or 2 ever. The meat was perfect, tender not stringy, moist but not wet, and the most flavorful I have tasted recently. I prefer the short ribs here to Jar in WLA where people come from 50 miles away for their short ribs. The menu was small but covered all the bases. My one knock is that the wine list is small and thin on varietals. Service was excellent, attentive but not overbearing and seemed to always be there when needed but never in the way. I look forward to going back.

• Visited March 2013
Oliver, Canada
“Good food, good service but pricey”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have eaten here a few times, the most recently in Jan / 13. I like to sit at the bar and take advantage of the "small plates" items. Every time the food has been very good. The wine list is creative and extensive. Service has been friendly. The place is a bit upscale for where i usually eat but it is worth the splurge. Be aware, it is expensive!!

• Visited January 2013