“Accidental diner” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mucho
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Latin, Spanish
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 9th Street
Transit: Complimentary Ocean Express trolley service is available from LAX area hotels to various stops in and around Manhattan Beach. For more information, call 310.642.7851.
Hampden, Massachusetts
“Accidental diner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were walking Manhattan Ave late afternoon after a long day of travel, when we came upon Mucho, just opening for the evening. We were seated at a curved bench in the contemporary, attractive lounge area facing the bar. Margaritas (delicious) led to apps. All good. We watched the place fill up, bar, indoor, and sidewalk seating. Had to catch the server's eye when needed, but felt unhurried and relaxed for two hours as Mucho hit its stride.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lynnsy

Franklin, Tennessee
“Very good upscale Mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Was in town for a conference and heard this place was worth trying and it didn't disappoint. My friend and I split a pitcher of sangria, which was reasonably priced and delicious ($30 with tip). We also shared the guacamole which we both found to be excellent. We both had the Baja tacos. She had tuna which I found to be a strange texture combination for this meal and I had the lobster tacos which were wonderful in flavor and texture. The atmosphere is a little loud and the prices are reasonable although not a bargain but given the location and clientele it didn't seam unreasonable.

Overall I would definitely give them a try if you are in the area. Do make a reservation however, we were lucky since there were only two of us earlier on a Friday we were seated easily but there was a substantial wait when we left.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good food, puzzling service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had dinner at Mucho on Saturday night. We sat in the open-air area by the sidewalk and found the atmosphere of the place to be lively and inviting. The classic margaritas are refreshing without all the sugar one normally finds. The guacamole, chips, salsa, and three entrees were all quite good (duck tacos were solid). I agree with other posters here that it leans toward the pricey side for a "Mexican food place," but it is high quality food, lovely presentation, and a nice atmosphere so probably appropriately priced...particularly given its location.

What was perplexing to me is this: I bit down on a sliver of metal approximately an inch and a half long. It was mixed into black beans so I didn't notice it until it was too late. Thankfully, I didn't swallow it and quickly presented it to our waitress. She promptly brought me another bowl of black beans and apologized (I think). But that was it - no attempt from management to acknowledge the problem, comp my meal, offer a round of drinks. We paid our bill and made our way out. I found a manager (Luis) who was quite excellent about the situation, but at that point it was too late.

Perhaps I'm overreacting to almost ingesting a metal sliver which I assume came from the can of beans. But I feel situations like those need to be addressed with an appropriate level of proactivity and, in my opinion, it was met instead with relative apathy.

It really is good food and a cool environment, just chew before you swallow.

• Visited October 2012
Switzerland, Fla.
“Bring "Mucho Dinero" to Mucho Ultima!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We ate here with friends who live in nearby El Segundo. We were seated at a very large booth near the back. The restaurant was very crowded and loud. We had a view of the pretty bar area. The menu was interesting and had a nice variety of food options.

We had Baja Tacos, Fish Veracruzana, and Enchiladas. The food prices were high, but the cocktail prices were astronomical!!! The Margaritas are $11.00-$15.00. They charged us $10.00 for 1 oz. of Gran Marnier, and $15.00 for 1 oz. of Anejo Tequila!! Our total bill was over $200.00, for two people!!!! Our bill from Spagos wasn't that much!

To sum it up, it appears that this is a popular "hang out" as well as restaurant, and the food and service was very good. However, it was not worth the price, and a comporable meal can be had elsewhere, without having to "take out a loan" for dinner.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I ordered the Carne Asada (skirt steak) and it was good. Overall the food and services were both good, but a bit overpriced compared to the quality/price of other restaurants in the area. The atmosphere is very good and the staff was very friendly

• Visited September 2012