“Best Fast Food”

Rubio's
Ranked #94 of 196 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Never hesitate to stop at a Rubio's. The thought of a fish taco initially to me was way less than appetizing until I received a free sample at a beach event. The menu now includes shrimp and salmon and a variety of items that give choices so that there is something for everyone. When our family from the East Coast visits, Rubio's is the mandatory stop on the way home from the airport. The food is fresh and healthy, for the most part, and absolutely delicious. On Tuesday afternoons from 2-4 PM, the place will get a little crowded because of the reduced prices. Sign up for specials and get a free meal on your birthday and emailed coupons regularly.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I happened to visit on a Tuesday night when guests enjoy reduced-priced regular fish tacos. Great food and an even better deal than usual!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I asked my dad if he wanted to go to a new restaurant called Rubio's. He said, "Yes" and off we went. Before we got there I had thought it was a restaurant like Carrows. We got there and the parking was a little tough due to a lot of active adult and kids physical workout places in the same complex. But, we did find parking. When we walked in I was a little unhappy when I saw that it was more like a fast food place(similar to a McDonalds set-up). I asked my Dad if he wanted to go somewhere else and he said' "No. Let's try this place". I walked up and ordered the 3 taco plate with rice and beans and so did my dad. We got steak, pork and chicken tacos(1 of each). The young attendant overheard me tell my dad that I didn't care much for fish tacos. The place was pretty active with families. But, it wasn't to noisy. The place was pretty clean and we found a table. The food came pretty fast and they brought it to us. The young attendant also brought a free fish taco and said to give it a try and see how I liked it. That was nice of him I thought. In the center of the restaurant they have a salsa bar with about 6 types of salsa. All good. It also has lemons, limes, chopped onions and cilantro. We also, had ordered chips and guacamole.
We started to eat. It was delicious. Then I looked at the wall and noticed that they didn't use anything artificial or msg. The food tasted great. I slowly finished up and then looked at the fish taco. I offered it to my dad, but he was full. I figured I would try it and if I didn't like it that would be it(one bite). I have to say it was delicious and changed my mind on fish in tacos. It was really good.
Oh, by the way. They also serve beer. That was good for me with the tacos.
All in all, after thanking the attendant for changing my mind on fish tacos, this place has really good food. The staff is really attentive and the atmosphere is good. The only draw back if it bothers you is that there were a lot of children. But., that could be due to the night we went. I would recommend this restaurant highly if you like good food. Also, had take out.

1  Thank Dieselkmf