“Good Food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rubio's

Rubio's
Ranked #110 of 191 Restaurants in Manhattan Beach
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Lawndale, California
“Good Food!!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I asked my dad if he wanted to go to a new restaurant called Rubio's. He said, "Yes" and off we went. Before we got there I had thought it was a restaurant like Carrows. We got there and the parking was a little tough due to a lot of active adult and kids physical workout places in the same complex. But, we did find parking. When we walked in I was a little unhappy when I saw that it was more like a fast food place(similar to a McDonalds set-up). I asked my Dad if he wanted to go somewhere else and he said' "No. Let's try this place". I walked up and ordered the 3 taco plate with rice and beans and so did my dad. We got steak, pork and chicken tacos(1 of each). The young attendant overheard me tell my dad that I didn't care much for fish tacos. The place was pretty active with families. But, it wasn't to noisy. The place was pretty clean and we found a table. The food came pretty fast and they brought it to us. The young attendant also brought a free fish taco and said to give it a try and see how I liked it. That was nice of him I thought. In the center of the restaurant they have a salsa bar with about 6 types of salsa. All good. It also has lemons, limes, chopped onions and cilantro. We also, had ordered chips and guacamole.
We started to eat. It was delicious. Then I looked at the wall and noticed that they didn't use anything artificial or msg. The food tasted great. I slowly finished up and then looked at the fish taco. I offered it to my dad, but he was full. I figured I would try it and if I didn't like it that would be it(one bite). I have to say it was delicious and changed my mind on fish in tacos. It was really good.
Oh, by the way. They also serve beer. That was good for me with the tacos.
All in all, after thanking the attendant for changing my mind on fish tacos, this place has really good food. The staff is really attentive and the atmosphere is good. The only draw back if it bothers you is that there were a lot of children. But., that could be due to the night we went. I would recommend this restaurant highly if you like good food. Also, had take out.

• Visited November 2011