“Authentic Thai in a casual setting in Malibu”
Review of Cholada

Cholada
Ranked #18 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This small Thai eatery is located off PCH on the opposite side of the beach. The food is superb, always tasty. They always have cold, fresh coconut water available. If the restaurant is full, they have outdoor dining on the back, which is nice and quiet. The food is good, the prices are super reasonable and the location is nice. We are regulars.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Date of visit: Labor Day
Malibu was packed over Labor Day weekend. With traffic packed on the PCH like sardines, I was delighted to find a foodie oasis.
Pros: spring rolls, soups, curries, noodle dishes
Cons: a little run down

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Nice little Thai restaurant close to the beach and the Ocean. Good variety of plates. Not expensive. Packed with young people.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Not the worlds greatest Thai experience, but really good and fresh food in a simply beautiful beach location. The curries are excellent, particularly the green curry. Nice selections that are well-prepared. It's a hole in the wall type restaurant, so don't go in expecting wold class amenities. It's simple and hearty fare with cheerful and friendly service. Sunset views in the smallish dining room are beautiful, but opt for the back patio where it's more roomy and relaxed...

1  Thank SoonerWiz
Reviewed August 14, 2012

One of the worst Thai restaurants I've ever visited. I'm only gving it one star b/c it's located on PCH and it serves Thai food. I get that sometimes the best places to eat are "hole in the wall" type places, where the food is excellent but the decor or location is lacking. This place seemed extremely run down and shanty like. It was way too small and over-crowded. This is Malibu for pete's sake!! There's no where to wait for your table, the servers are not friendly, and the service is lousy. I'm full blooded Thai and have never visited a Thai restaurant where the servers look and act like they didn't want to see you there. The food was sastisfactory, not great. My daughter and I both had the Tom Yum soup with Shrimp (okay) and my hubby had the Salmon curry (better). I had to get my own condiments b/c there was not enough wait staff. Also, what really good Thai restaurant does not have a full bar? That's our speciality, yummy cocktails, classics and creative new ones. Next time I'm itching for Thai food on the PCH, I'll keep driving.

Been to Cholada? Share your experiences!