“Something's Gone Wrong”
Review of Sage Room Restaurant - CLOSED

Sage Room Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This used to be my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles. The service was always outstanding and the food was consistently good. For whatever reason they brought in a new chef and the new menu has been a major disappointment. Instead of sticking to its traditional Italian roots it's now trying too hard to be adventuresome and trendy. As Coca Cola learned the hard way if you've got something great don't screw around with it.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My friends and I visited the sage room with empty stomachs and tired feet. The welcome we received on arrival was as if we were family. I cannot rate the food high enough - 5 does not do it justice! Fresh, delicious, and healthy. After 3 amazing courses, and a wonderful evening with friends and the staff, we all left feeling very content. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank kath2604
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The food here i superb and the chef will make his rounds to ensure everyone is happy. They give discount for cash!

2  Thank Troy M
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been long time patrons of the Sage Room and have always enjoyed dining there. The food has been consistently great and the menu varied. We had dinner there on an off night, Monday, and had the flavorful braised short ribs with a sauce that was very rich and tasty. Hubby, had the swordfish which was excellent as well. New menu and chef now adds even more variety. Great choice Claudio! Will return with pleasure!

2  Thank Islandwantabe
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The owner, Claudio, is always looking to up the notch. Well, he succeeded once again with his new chef Mr Robert Grenner.
My husband and I had dinner at Sage room a couple of nights ago, and it was nothing short of bliss. I had grilled swordfish with a Tunisian three nut Coriander vinaigrette. The wonderful fragrance of the coriander sauce gave life to a fish which is usually bland. It was absolutly one of the best fish dishes I have had in a long time. On the side the chef served braised sweet & sour rd cabbage, dill, and braised brussel sprouts, cauliflower and farro. A fantastic compliment. My husband had the Jidori chicken- which might sound plain, but again chef Grenner elevated all the flavors and made the chicken a stand out.
Chef Grenner, you are golden.

2  Thank Nili99