“Excellent stay in Malibu!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Malibu
Villa Graziadio Executive Center at Pepperdine University
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Malibu
Jackson, Mississippi
“Excellent stay in Malibu!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The room was very nice. Had all the accessories that I needed. It was very well kept and clean. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The views are absolutely incredible. I would definitely stay there again the next time I go to Malibu.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LouisW107

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Boston
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at Villa Graziadio for two nights while on a business trip. The view of the Pacific Ocean from my hilltop room was breathtakingly magnificant, impossible to convey in words. If you want to experience one of the natural wonderful vistas of the world, get a Pacific Ocean view room, complete with outdoor balcony and the most comfortable outdoor chairs I have sat in. The room, although compact, was extremely comfortable, quiet, immaculate and well appointed with modern furniture. Easy access to outlets, internet made my work time a breeze. The front desk is exquisitely helpful and knowlegable. The Villa has a not-to-be-missed 9/11 remembrance park with another remarkable view of the Pacific Ocean. This serene park is scattered with excellent quotes by Presidents Kennedy, Reagan and George W Bush. There also is a hiking trail that leads down the mountain. Kudos to visionary Pepperdine University, for enabling non-faculty or students to enjoy a respite on its campus!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Pacific Ocean View.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank lilacroller
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and and I recently spent two nights at Villa Graziadio while visiting Malibu for the first time. I learned about it while researching hotels on Trip Advisor. This hotel sits on top of a hill on the Pepperdine campus and is available to anyone. When we opened the door to our room, the first thing we saw was a massive glass door out to the balcony, with a sweeping view of the Pacific Ocean. The view is absolutely breathtaking - one that most people will not see in a lifetime. Our room was small, but the glass door opens so widely that it brings the balcony and the outdoors in. We were just five minutes from the Colony end of Malibu, which meant we could be out in crowds and traffic and then retreat to the quiet of the hotel when we wanted a break. There is a beautiful 911 garden memorial just outside the hotel entrance, with trees, benches, fountains, inspirational inscriptions, and that incredible view of the ocean. Another bonus is that campus dining venues are available to guests. We just walked a few feet down a hallway to a small, comfortable dining hall with good, reasonably priced food, which meant we didn't have to spend a fortune for every meal in Malibu. We had some pricier meals in Malibu, but having access to campus dining definitely helped our budget. The staff is very attentive and there is a 24-hour desk clerk. The ocean view room rate was $250. (I think it may be less for alumni and others with business on campus.) This hotel is hands down my best travel find yet.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $25 for the ocean view. You won't regret it. Also, when the sun makes your balcony...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank pickytraveler56_25
Maine
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for a week during our son's volleyball camp. It sits within the boundaries of Pepperdine so has gated access only.

Positives - The view from the ocean facing rooms is world-class, second to none and among those that Hollywood stars are paying millions nearby to obtain.

Nearby Marmalade Cafe (we saw Amy Madigan (Field of Dreams) there), Malibu Beach and university facilities are really good.

Negatives - The rooms are smallish but nice. Only two people can stay at any given time and there is no flexibility there. It is not a family location. There is no restaurant on-site only a campus cafeteria that closed after lunch while we were there. This wasn't a real problem as we rolled down the hill to Malibu town to eat.

A puzzling aspect to this hotel is its "reluctant" nature. It is really an extension of the university rather than a hotel. It is not designed to capture significant visitor interest that is not associated with the University. Given the location and views, this was astonishing to us but, I guess understandable.

We would recommend this hidden gem if there are two of you - if you have a family, you'll need two rooms and it could be a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Rooms 207 and 209 are the best. Uninterrupted views to the Pacific
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank MaineCascoBay
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I cannot say enough about the service at Villa Gaziadio, from the Manager Kevin to the front desk personnel, Alice, Erika and the others. This is a fantastic hospitality experience, the staff really exemplify hospitality at its best. Thank you for your warm service and friendly attitude it makes all the difference, I cant wait to refer my friends and others to stay when visiting southern California!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great but even mountain views are nice...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Caroline M
Aledo, TX
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

This is the perfect hotel for those visiting Pepperdine University!!

Very clean and comfortable rooms with shuttle service to anywhere on campus. There is a very small restaurant on site and a few items from a little store by the check-in desk.

This is a no frills, business friendly, comfortable hotel with an amazingly convenient....and a great view!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank aledo99
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here one night before a campus visit for my 17 yr old. We were given one of the front ocean facing rooms and the view was gorgeous! The room itself was spacious and modern with a comfortable bed. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful. After a relaxing night's rest, I put on the nice robe (provided in the room) because it was chilly, sat on the balcony and had one of the most enjoyable morning cups of coffee (also provided in the room) I've had in years. I had to pull myself away from the view to get ready for the day. I don't know where my child will end up going to college, but if it is Pepperdine, I will make certain I stay at this lovely property again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jogom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malibu
Malibu
Oceana Beach Club Hotel
#1 of 36 in Santa Monica
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Villa Graziadio Executive Center at Pepperdine University? Share your experiences!