“Super service, Pacific views, good food”

Kristy's Wood Oven and Wine Bar
Ranked #25 of 91 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Malibu
Monterey, California
“Super service, Pacific views, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Service by people who care about others. Had a good portobello w sweet potato fries. Companion had a good burger. Fries were outstanding. Extensive menu. Great to see the ocean in the distance. Lovely flowers everywhere. Definitely would return.

• Visited June 2013

Houston, Texas
“great time with friends at Kristy's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We joined friends from Malibu for a nice dinner and evening at Kristy's. We tested the menu with every ordering something unique and each of us had a great dining experience. I chose the gluten free pizza and it was very good. The great food was matched with quality service and a very nice atmosphere. We give them an A+

• Visited May 2013
Malibu, California
“worst experience ever:”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My clients were in L.A. over the weekend (4/20/13) and they wanted to meet somewhere casual in Malibu close to my home on Saturday night. I made a reservation for 7 pm and provided direction to my clients. I told them that I had never been to the restaurant but it seemed to be a casual location. One I arrived at the restaurant, I noticed that there was no parking available. It looked like a motel of some sort and then I saw the sign to the restaurant. I drove around and finally was able to find a handicapped parking space (I have a disability and walk with a full leg brace and crutches). - After I parked, I noticed that the restauant is up on hill. So I called the restaurant and politely asked the man who answered the phone if there was a closer parking since I am on crutches and if I can avoid the stairs. He told me that there was not any other access- I paused and asked him if I can park closer? He responded that there is a parking in the back but there are a "couple of steps" and then he promptly hung up on me. I walked up the stairs in the back and happily made it to the restaurant. As soon as I arrived in the restaurant, a man who later introduced himself as "the owner" approached me and asked me I was Holly. I responded yes and inquired why did he hang up on me. He not only started yelling at me and calling me a rude person, he proceeded to walk with me inside restaurant where my clients were waiting for me. He approached my clients and told them that he feels very sorry for them since they have to share a table with me. I was mortified!! These were my clients on my largest accounts. He then addressed the girl who was seating people and in a very loud voice told her to make sure she gives me the worst seat in the house. I stood there speachless. It was the worst business dinner and the most embaracing experience of my life. Really- How can a restaurant in Malibu function with a monster representing it? I will report this to ADA as well.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank H k
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Excellent and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed in California for the first time last week and we were about 5 minutes from Kristy's. We had breakfast outside one morning and the server was very sweet, the breakfast was delicious and the best of all; my little dog was able to enjoy breakfast with us! A big plus. Can't wait to go back!

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Food was good but not THAT good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stopped here for a late lunch with a group of 6 friends on the way to the beach. Loved the quiet charm of the place. It is a bit older but that added to the charm. The menu is not very diverse, and it is very pricey. I know it's Malibu, but c'mon. I ended up ordering a greek salad (delicious) and drinking water. Our server was not very accommodating when it came time to pay. We got some attitude and complaining when asking for separate checks. Nice place, but you can do better.

• Visited March 2013