“Consistently fun atmosphere, good food, great for dolphin sightings”
Review of Dukes Malibu

Dukes Malibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Dukes Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Las Flores Canyon
Transit: MTA has a bus stop 100 yards down PCH
Description: Duke's Malibu has brought the excitement of Hawaii, Waikiki, and surfing to the mainland. The spectacular oceanfront location on Pacific Coast Highway offers over 300 feet of romantic oceanfront dining and memorabilia from both Hawaii and California surfing history. The Barefoot Bar, looking south into the lights of Santa Monica, is a great spot for drinks and casual food with friends.
malibu
“Consistently fun atmosphere, good food, great for dolphin sightings”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Fun place where locals mingle with the visitors. It is a decidely low key, Hawaiian-themed restaurant. The steaks are surprisingly good and you can order freshly prepared fish in several different styles. (The banana leaf preparation is tasty, as is the simply grilled version). Decent kids menu as well. It has a great drink selection, fun atmosphere, usually good service. The weekend brunches are also fun for the family and out of towners. A go to staple for us, we have likely eaten here several dozen times and will keep coming back. BUT avoid when the parking lot is overflowing as service then can be uneven.

Melrose, Florida
“Nice staff, very good food and great view”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had an ocean view and were able to watch whales head north up the coast which was really cool. We are from Florida and see dolphins so frequently that it's not a huge deal. Watching those whales as we waited to order was great. We were seated quickly, and the service was fine. Not spectacular but not bad considering this is a busy place. I thought the food was very good, and we were surprised to learn that the fish served for the kids meal was swordfish and sizable! The appetizers were great. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited April 2014
Los Angeles
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My husband and I love this restaurant. The day we got engaged, we went here for dinner and the waiter gave us a hula pie with one candle in it. 5 years later, we went back to dinner here for our anniversary and we got the same waiter! He again gave us a hula pie to celebrate. The workers are the best, great service, great location. You can't go wrong!

• Visited April 2014
Lytham St Annes
“A memorable birthday meal”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Called here after a drive along California Coast and wasn't sure what to expect, gave us a lovely seat near the front great view of the ocean, service excellent food couldn't fault and bought a complimentary sweet as it was my partners birthday. Staff seem to know exactly what's on the menu and asked about our tastes etc. to make sure we enjoyed our meal. Certainly worth a visit if like us from the uk your fortunate enough to be in California

Vancouver, Canada
“waves, ocean views, breeze, sunshine, fresh air, great food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

It just doesn't get any better than this.,,, met a friend for a late lunch, sat outside on the deck, and I was in absolute "awe" the fresh ocean air, waves crashing in, while you sit and dine on great food and drinks... wow~ I even saw two dolphins swimming together and a group of pelicans too! The service is fantastic! The waitress was so friendly and attentive and the manager came around a few times and asked every table if everything was ok~ I had the coconut shrimp, and the sashimi and the kiki chardonnay and it was delicious! I looked around at others meals, the wontons, and the chicken fajitas, and the turkey sandwich, the burgers, everything looked good and I heard people nodding in approval that they were enjoying their meals. I am going back this weekend just to hang around there all day and maybe into the evening ! when I was leaving I saw lots of single hot looking guys in the bar area,, and I thought.. I need to come back! ;)