“Bad service and plain food”
Review of Dukes Malibu

Dukes Malibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Dukes Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 94 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Las Flores Canyon
Transit: MTA has a bus stop 100 yards down PCH
Description: Duke's Malibu has brought the excitement of Hawaii, Waikiki, and surfing to the mainland. The spectacular oceanfront location on Pacific Coast Highway offers over 300 feet of romantic oceanfront dining and memorabilia from both Hawaii and California surfing history. The Barefoot Bar, looking south into the lights of Santa Monica, is a great spot for drinks and casual food with friends.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Disappointed by their awful service, our waitress was rude and messed up our orders. Food is OK, not bad but rather plain an not worth it's price.

2  Thank Britt_Engbom
Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I came here a few months back, as a last minute option, because we couldn't decide where to eat while driving in Malibu. I hadn't been here in approximately 8+ years. I forgot about how stunning the ocean views are here, with their outside deck and large floor to ceiling glass windows throughout the restaurant!!! It was late afternoon, before sunset, and very very crowded. We didn't have reservations, and we just pulled into valet park.They was no where to sit in the bar areas, as we waited for our table, so we just walked around and stood next to the hostess souvenir t-shirts area. All the waiting area seats were taken. We drank our mediocre drinks (ordered at the bar) and enjoyed the views while we waited approximately 1 hour. I previewed the menu, and was not impressed with the pricey dinner options.Once seated in the roomy booth table, I contemplated on the fish or the prime rib, but felt uncertain about what to order, and got our server's advice. We started with the fried calamari appetizer, since my date couldn't eat the coconut fried shrimp. It looked deliciously unhealthy! The calamari was very tasty. Then, our busy server have me raving reviews on the prime rib, stating the chef came from Ruth's Chris - and was focused on making a very tasty prime rib!!! I WAS SOLD and ordered med rare prime rib... since I luv Ruth's Chris. Our server set the bar so high, I was actually excited about my dinner now. The prime rib dinner platter was enormous, with mashed potatoes. And the best part was the juicy, tender, buttery prime rib! Cooked to perfection, it was so impressively tasty - same caliber (if not, even better) as Lawry's famous prime rib in BeHi!!! IT TRULY EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS! My date ordered the fish, but he kept eating my prime rib instead. Of course, I had to share... He was so impressed with the tenderness and quality, as a steak and prime rib lover! I think their prime rib is their best kept secret, completely under-rated, very much worth the price - in fact a great value for the price and quality. I still clearly remember how deliciously tasty it was, months later... I cannot wait to go back and order it again. Absolutely LUV it. I only hope the same chef is still working there. That prime rib made our evening at Dukes!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were visiting on a Wednesday afternoon and decided to keep it simple with the bar menu choices. As a matter of fact the bar menu is not just limited to some standard burger options but has more to choose from. That makes Dukes different. It is just a nice place to go to with a beautiful view. Just relaxed. For the food experience, it is pretty OK. Next time we will check the restaurant menu.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stopped by here Father's Day. An hour wait for regular table but said we could sit in bar area. The views from any table are just priceless, couldn't have been any better waiting for a regular table. Delicious buffet, carved meats and a large variety. Omelet station, just great food. The views though.... wow, they just stick in your mind. It was a highlight of my trip, can't say I have ever eaten in such a picturesque restaurant before.

1  Thank scootch713
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The happy hour Monday to Friday 4 to 6 is one of the best deals around. Most generous portions under $10 . What would make it a little better would be drink specials to go along with the happy hour menu.

1  Thank michaelgarcia

Been to Dukes Malibu? Share your experiences!