“A touch of Hawaii in the second best beach location in the world”
Review of Dukes Malibu

Dukes Malibu
Reserve with OpenTable
Dukes Malibu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Malibu
Cross street: Las Flores Canyon
Transit: MTA has a bus stop 100 yards down PCH
Description: Duke's Malibu has brought the excitement of Hawaii, Waikiki, and surfing to the mainland. The spectacular oceanfront location on Pacific Coast Highway offers over 300 feet of romantic oceanfront dining and memorabilia from both Hawaii and California surfing history. The Barefoot Bar, looking south into the lights of Santa Monica, is a great spot for drinks and casual food with friends.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It's kitsch and if you don't expect too much you won't be disappointed. The food was only average but certainly suits families.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It was after dark when we were seated at Duke's. I was worried that there was no point in eating at a beachfront restaurant when you couldn't see the view.. But, the shore is lite and you can clearly see the waves crashing on the rocks right outside the windows. It was beautiful and the food was good too!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Been to a few in Hawaii and same menu, but the coconut prawns are lovely. My robs were a bit big, but from the uk are not used to people asking us to taking food home as our restraunts are not used to giving us such big portions
Lovely

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was my family's second time going to Dukes in Malibu. We go because we're pining for Hawaii and Dukes is the closest we can get to a Hawaiian vacation without actually getting on a plane.
All of our food was spectacular. We got three apps this time because we couldn't decide: the mango BBQ pork ribs, the calamari, and the coconut shrimp. The coconut shrimp were better than we remember them being the first time we had them. The two other apps we hadn't tried before and were absolutely delicious. I wanted to lick the BBQ sauce off the plate.
Main courses were very good as well. The firecracker preparation of the fish was spicy and exciting, and the grilled preparation was flavorful and came with great sides of slaw and fruit. My seafood risotto was great; I loved the herb-y-ness and the saltiness.
And of course, the Hula Pie was, and always will be, to die for. It's my favorite dessert anywhere.
Service was quite prompt, but because the restaurant was so crowded (Saturday nights are very busy), our server wasn't extremely attentive. He definitely could have checked in a little more often, but it wasn't really an issue.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Last week I was in southern California on business and needed to see someone in Malibu. When I invited them for dinner they suggested Dukes. I had been to the Dukes in Huntington Beach so I was familiar with the restaurant. The food in Malibu was delicious. The wait staff knew my business guests and took extra time with the menu, etc. Overall it was a great dining experience. I will return there on my next trip to Malibu.

Been to Dukes Malibu? Share your experiences!